Looking to develop offline

You can install using <IPBlicensekey>-TESTINSTALL for the license key.  You are allowed one test installation as per the licensing agreement.

You can either make a copy of your production server (export the database and download your source files) or do a fresh install on your local machine.  

Are your local servers WAMP based?  It's been about a decade since I have developed on a WAMP server but learned there were a lot of differences between running the same code on a WAMP vs a LAMP server.  Not sure if this is still the case anymore or if anyone can comment if this is still the case??

40 minutes ago, sipofwater said:

You can install using <IPBlicensekey>-TESTINSTALL for the license key.  You are allowed one test installation as per the licensing agreement.

You can either make a copy of your production server (export the database and download your source files) or do a fresh install on your local machine.  

Are your local servers WAMP based?  It's been about a decade since I have developed on a WAMP server but learned there were a lot of differences between running the same code on a WAMP vs a LAMP server.  Not sure if this is still the case anymore or if anyone can comment if this is still the case??

I use XAMPP :p

And thanks for the information, I will keep the topic updated, currently downloading my data... :D

Archived