Split a topic

Subzero-mb

How can I split a topic with around 200 replies more or less in the middle? So I will end with 2 topics of more or less 100 replies.

The only option I have found when I select the post in the middle (the one it will be the first post in the new topic) it just move out of the topic this message, but the others until the end of the topic

Thanks again @Woodsman. So you are saying that if I want to divide a big topic with 1.000 posts in2 different topics I have to select one by one the 500 posts to move it?? I knew this solution but I cannot belive that a software like IPS handle common administration task like this one in this way...

I came from Simple Machines forum (free software) and when a topic gets so big size in posts, you can split it in different topics just selecting the post where you want to make the cut and clicking "split this topic since this post", and then you have 2 different topics. Is there any similar option in IPS and if not, how admins with big forums handle this kind of tasks?

1 minute ago, Subzero-mb said:

Thanks again @Woodsman. So you are saying that if I want to divide a big topic with 1.000 posts in2 different topics I have to select one by one the 500 posts to move it?? I knew this solution but I cannot belive that a software like IPS handle common administration task like this one in this way...

I came from Simple Machines forum (free software) and when a topic gets so big size in posts, you can split it in different topics just selecting the post where you want to make the cut and clicking "split this topic since this post", and then you have 2 different topics. Is there any similar option in IPS and if not, how admins with big forums handle this kind of tasks?

Yes.... Just create a 2nd topic name it what ever you like  then go to the 1st select all you want to move and move them to the 2nd.

You will find these options in the category topic of the 1st.

Archived