Share buttons missing?

fantasyteamadvice

Hi, I use the share buttons to tweet out links to our forums on a regular basis, and was using them on Sunday morning.  For some reason they have now disappeared from all threads.  I've checked, and they are all enabled in the dashboard, and I logged in under multiple accounts to make sure it wasn't just settings on my admin account.

Any ideas?

http://fantasyteamadvice.com/forums

1 minute ago, Daniel F said:

The Share buttons are only visible in topics which are visible to guests.

It seems that you changed the permissions of your forum this weekend, because your whole page requires now to be logged in.

Hmm thats odd.  All I did was click the "can access site" button under guests groups (to get them to log in), and that somehow removes the share buttons?

Didn't realize they were tied in to topics that are visible to guests only

9 minutes ago, salue said:

also a question how did u make ads appear on both sides on your site?

Hours and hours of customization :) That ad company (adiply) specializes in ads that fill in blank space on site

7 minutes ago, fantasyteamadvice said:

Didn't realize they were tied in to topics that are visible to guests only

Yes.
The content needs to be visible, because e.g. services like Facebook (which will visit the page as guest) need to be able to view the page to create the preview

14 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Yes.
The content needs to be visible, because e.g. services like Facebook (which will visit the page as guest) need to be able to view the page to create the preview

One more question.  Before updating to IP.Board 4, we had instant notifications turned on, so when someone posted a message they received email notifications when there was a response.

I've gone through the options, and it looks like each member has to turn these on individually? We have noticed a steep drop-off in interaction in our forums, likely due to members no longer receiving email updates when responses are posted.  I can't go through and tell them all one by one to turn notifications back on.. was hoping you might have a solution?

Archived