Question about post/content count changes in V4

seanzol

12 minutes ago, HeatSeeker said:

My board is currently in the process of "reindexing posts", and we're noticing that people's post counts are shooting up. Does V4 count status updates and such as part of that post count number now, or should I assume that something is wrong?

4.0 changed from post counts to 'content' counts. I can't remember what it includes exactly, but it'll be things like replies to topics, gallery images, articles, creating all of those things, and perhaps some status update interactions also.

Just now, GabrielS said:

4.0 changed from post counts to 'content' counts. I can't remember what it includes exactly, but it'll be things like replies to topics, gallery images, articles, creating all of those things, and perhaps some status update interactions also.

I figured as much, just wanted to make sure it was working as intended. Thank you :) 

Just now, HeatSeeker said:

I figured as much, just wanted to make sure it was working as intended. Thank you :) 

I've just noticed that it reads as 'posts' on the side panel in topics, so maybe I'm incorrect; it would be odd to count all content and name it 'posts'.

That said, I don't believe I've made 190 posts on here, so maybe it's just a labelling issue. The best thing to do would be to recount all of your own posts on your website to see if the number is altered by the recount. If it is, then maybe other people's numbers are off too. If not, then no problem. You can do that by viewing your own profile in the ACP.

Just now, GabrielS said:

I've just noticed that it reads as 'posts' on the side panel in topics, so maybe I'm incorrect; it would be odd to count all content and name it 'posts'.

That said, I don't believe I've made 190 posts on here, so maybe it's just a labelling issue. The best thing to do would be to recount all of your own posts on your website to see if the number is altered by the recount. If it is, then maybe other people's numbers are off too. If not, then no problem. You can do that by viewing your own profile in the ACP.

I noticed that too, but that may be there because "x content items" would be awkward. I mean technically they are posts, they're just not topic reply posts.

Already tried a recount which didn't change the number, so I trust that it's doing what it's supposed to.

1 minute ago, HeatSeeker said:

I noticed that too, but that may be there because "x content items" would be awkward. I mean technically they are posts, they're just not topic reply posts.

Already tried a recount which didn't change the number, so I trust that it's doing what it's supposed to.

Easiest thing to do, actually, is to make a note of your post count and then post in a couple of different areas (not topics) to see if it increases – then you have your answer without waiting for someone else to clarify it.

Just now, GabrielS said:

Easiest thing to do, actually, is to make a note of your post count and then post in a couple of different areas (not topics) to see if it increases – then you have your answer without waiting for someone else to clarify it.

I plan on doing exactly that once it's done with the sitewide recount, if for no other reason than curiosity haha

Archived