Moving to Windows Azure

For the last 10 years I've had a dedicated server for hosting one IP.Board site and a couple of Wordpress blogs. This is quite expensive and now I am thinking about moving to Windows Azure. Does anyone have any experience on IP.Board on Windows Azure in terms of cost per load?

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind: It was reported, that IPS is not that experienced on Windowshosting and Support may not help you like on linuxplattforms (reported by customers and onfirmed by IPS)

I don't know about Azure, but on Windows Server 2012 R2, i confirm it is working fine with a correct Setup  (you have to know how to configure IIS and know how to "translate" htacces to web.config (see the kb of Microsoft for further help (https://support.microsoft.com/en-en/kb/324064) ) - or run Apache on Windows

I use CentOS for my sites, but tested it on my testserver and technically administrate a license on a production-WindowsServer for a friend of mine.

But Keep in mind: It's mainly written for a LAMP-Setup, you have to tweak your Windowssetup a lot more than on Linux and Support is limited.

On 9/23/2015, 9:29:26, TheSonic said:

Keep in mind: It was reported, that IPS is not that experienced on Windowshosting and Support may not help you like on linuxplattforms (reported by customers and onfirmed by IPS)

I don't know about Azure, but on Windows Server 2012 R2, i confirm it is working fine with a correct Setup  (you have to know how to configure IIS and know how to "translate" htacces to web.config (see the kb of Microsoft for further help (https://support.microsoft.com/en-en/kb/324064) ) - or run Apache on Windows

I use CentOS for my sites, but tested it on my testserver and technically administrate a license on a production-WindowsServer for a friend of mine.

But Keep in mind: It's mainly written for a LAMP-Setup, you have to tweak your Windowssetup a lot more than on Linux and Support is limited.

I use 2012r2 with an apache setup. Works fine if you know how to setup all that.

Archived