New Reply to Support Topic When Upload New Version

Adriano Faria

Just installed this. Got a blank post instead of changelog :(

Edit: Not sure if it matters or not, but I had previous version of this plugin installed on IPB 3.4.x in the past.

Also, how can we specify when to include changelog in post, or not include? I see the settings, but not a way to select one to use.

Just installed this. Got a blank post instead of changelog :(

Edit: Not sure if it matters or not, but I had previous version of this plugin installed on IPB 3.4.x in the past.

I used it on my live board too on 3.4. Works fine for me on 4.0.X, as you can see on screenshot.

Also, how can we specify when to include changelog in post, or not include? I see the settings, but not a way to select one to use.

If the author informed changelog, it will print. If not, it will print only the new version number. There are 2 tabs: one with changelog and another without changelog. Set your texts there.

I used it on my live board too on 3.4. Works fine for me on 4.0.X, as you can see on screenshot.

If the author informed changelog, it will print. If not, it will print only the new version number. There are 2 tabs: one with changelog and another without changelog. Set your texts there.

Tested on 2 different files on my site, both posted an empty post instead of changelog and version.

Ah ok, thanks for the explanation!

@d2dyno, regarding this: https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7696-new-reply-to-support-topic-when-upload-new-version/?do=findReview&review=8677

This kind of thing really pisses me off! If something doesn't work for you, FOR SOME REASON, doesn't mean that the resource HAS some issue! I tested. The marketplace moderator also tested and you thinks that everybody else is wrong.

See for yourself: http://www.screencast.com/t/aaXr1NzF5ib

PLUS: I really don't give a damn if you doesn't recommend others to download it. IT'S FREE!!! Live with it, uninstall it and move on or pay someone else to make a new one or work it work for you! Because I won't! :nuke:

@d2dyno, regarding this: https://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/7696-new-reply-to-support-topic-when-upload-new-version/?do=findReview&review=8677

This kind of thing really pisses me off! If something doesn't work for you, FOR SOME REASON, doesn't mean that the resource HAS some issue! I tested. The marketplace moderator also tested and you thinks that everybody else is wrong.

See for yourself: http://www.screencast.com/t/aaXr1NzF5ib

PLUS: I really don't give a damn if you doesn't recommend others to download it. IT'S FREE!!! Live with it, uninstall it and move on or pay someone else to make a new one or work it work for you! Because I won't! :nuke:

Honestly, I posted that because that's the state of the plugin. You hadn't offered any support, and I'm not about to yell at you to help me. So no support, no fix = negative opinion and review. As you said, it's free. So I don't expect you to spend terrible amounts of time supporting it, which I understand. But you can't get mad at ME for posting a negative review, when that review, is all truth. There's not one lie in there.

My review will continue to be true of me (after all, it is my review, AKA, opinion), until the state of the plugin, is working on my site.

No need to get angry with me. Clearly it's working for you :)

No support because IT WORKS!!! Simple like that!

I'm not responsible for any trouble in your environment. It didn't worked for you. It worked for me. It worked for the Marketplace moderator. Other 10 people also downloaded and I don't see any support requestSo what's the logic here? You have a problem there or everybody else get luck?

I wish you could submit hundred of another reviews with 1 star. Or even better, with 0, if allowed. It really doesn't make any difference to me. :sweat:

Oh, and I'm not requesting you to remove it. As I said, wish you could submit more. :thumbsup:

Here's what I've tried it on, and nothing works.

Server 1 (Production server): IPS 4.0.12.1; PHP 5.4.44; MySQL 5.6.23; Apache
Server 2 (Test server): IPS 4.0.13; PHP 5.5.9; MySQL 5.5.44; Ngix

I've tried disabling ALL other third-party applications and plugins, and this still doesn't work.

Here's what I've tried it on, and nothing works.

Server 1 (Production server): IPS 4.0.12.1; PHP 5.4.44; MySQL 5.6.23; Apache
Server 2 (Test server): IPS 4.0.13; PHP 5.5.9; MySQL 5.5.44; Ngix

I've tried disabling ALL other third-party applications and plugins, and this still doesn't work.

If I'm not mistaken, I'm on 4.0.11. Will take a look and upgrade, if that's the case. Will let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived