Passing {map} and {address} to a Page record display...

ArchangelX

Hi,

Earlier, Ralf posted a great example of how to change the look of images displayed in a Page record at the following link.

I'm trying to do the same for the {map} and {address} variables, but I'm having difficulty figuring out how to implement the proper structure for the code to show the map at the right size and where I want to.

Does anyone understand how to implement this within the custom section? Or how to code a separate template?  Thanks all.

Your request is rather vague. 

In general: if you want to customize the record output of a pages template, go to: 
Pages → Templates → New → Add database template → Template Type: Record

Make sure you assign the template to your database. 

You can then customize the output of a Pages database record however you like. You need to be able to read and write the HTML and IPS template code though. 

Using just the field options, as shown in the link above, is more simple but of course more limited, since the general layout of the page will still come from the unchanged template. 

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for your help.  I've taken your suggestions for fixing the images from the link up above, but am having issues with the map.  I just don't know what php code to use to call the map. I understand how to create a record, and assign it to the database, as well as how to style it, I just don't know what the string is to call the map and place the address.

This is what it looks like currently.

mapwrong.thumb.jpg.1227993ca875a3ef1ea80

But I'm trying to get something that looks like this:

mapdisplay.thumb.jpg.20ad0341219122aa34a

I hope that explains it better.

Also, do you by chance know what code controls the requirements for the Address?  I'd like to lessen the need for a full address.  Thanks so much.

Archived