Option to apply parent forum and moderator permissions automatically to child forums

L.K.

Hello guys,

as far as I could research in the ACP, IPS4 won't let child forums take parant forums permission and moderators automatically. 

In have a Bigboard with more than 600 forums. I converted my forum from vBulletin3 to IPS4 now.

In vBulletin3, you had this checkbox option in the forum settings "apply user/moderator permissions to child forums" and in also the checkbox option "overwrite parent forum permissions".

I already using groups instead of members for adding moderator permissions, but after i assigned all forums to a group, i also need to assign a forum to this group after I created a new forum.

When you create a new forum in IPS4, you always have 2 steps now:

1. create a new forum by using duplicate option

2. assign the new forum to moderator permission group / member

In vBulletin you only needed to create a new forum, and all permissions are assigned automatically (if you checked apply to child option i mentioned above)

Is there any plan for adding this helpful feature in future?

Best

Hi Joel,

When you create a new forum in IPS4, you always have 2 steps now:

1. create a new forum by using duplicate option

I also do like this, but it doesn't help, because you need to apply this new forum also in the moderators permission.

e.g.:

Lets say you have a group of moderators who have mod permission in a parent forum and in all child forums.
Now you copy a child forum to create a new child forum of the parent forum. I usually want, that all my mods automatically have also the mod permissions in the new child forum.
But IPS doesn't have this feature.

Now i have to go the mod permissions group and select the new child forum manually.

Archived