clearcache - Locked Task

steve00

No idea what this is but since upgrading to 4.0.10 then 4.0.10.2 have had this showing in the admincp

Locked Tasks

The following tasks appear to be locking frequently: clearcache.
Please run them manually. If you require assistance with any errors shown please contact technical support.

Have tried running manually but nothing happens

Anyone any idea what is happening here

Also, when logging out on forum getting as per screenie

logout1.thumb.jpg.24515137c13fe66bc138f9

Appears no css loaded other than the custom.css as viewing the page source there is only this line for css:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='http://test_forum_url/community/forum/uploads/css_built_1/258adbb6e4f3e83cd3b355f84e3fa002_custom.css.308ff56d08aeafeb054c59e7e1bd159d.css?v=11d83deef8' media='all'>

This happens to ALL themes including IPB Default

NOTE the  error code in screenie ... EX1146 ... if any help

When login on that page then themes are ok

These  both happen on my test forum and so cannot fill out support tickets 

Any help appreciated

Locked tasks happen to me also. Not sure why.

And for the missing CSS, check your paths in Files -> Configuration (I think it was like that). If that doesn't work, run the tool in support tab.

This may also happen because of a .htaccess put in place which may be from an old community.

Locked tasks happen to me also. Not sure why.

And for the missing CSS, check your paths in Files -> Configuration (I think it was like that). If that doesn't work, run the tool in support tab.

This may also happen because of a .htaccess put in place which may be from an old community.

Paths ok ... tool doesn't work (probably because something else missing apart from css files e.g jscript  ... maybe that is why manually run clearcache doesn't work) ?

no .htaccess file

thanks for the suggestions though

Have you tried disabling caching (memcache, APC, Xcache)?  Many, many years ago I had an odd problem on my vb site where the cache was causing a problem, every time vb updated the css I had to restart the cache service at the command line to forcibly clear it.  Was some sort of bad config, I never resolved it except I ended up doing a clean install on new hardware and the problem didn't return.

Paths ok ... tool doesn't work (probably because something else missing apart from css files e.g jscript  ... maybe that is why manually run clearcache doesn't work) ?

no .htaccess file

thanks for the suggestions though

Enable Designers Mode. That fixes your missing CSS issue but disabling it will bring it back.

Archived