Backup of DB ... help? IP3.4.7 --> IP4

SJ77

My IP4 upgrade went south and I would like to start over and try again. Easy right? ... um help

So I thought I made a complete backup..BUUUUUT ..... I don't have one (short version) :(

So here's my question. I noticed IP4 created a bunch of tables in my DB with prefix of "orig_"
Are those my original tables? Can I build a backup or revert to those some how?

thank you in advance

The orig_ tables are the tables which are non-utf8, the utf8 converter creates them. This should be your 3.x install before you converted to utf8. So yes you can restore your 3.x site with these tables, note that you either have to convert them to utf8 again or adjust the conf_global.php file.

If you need help with anything feel free to PM me and I'll take over for you, for free :P 

The orig_ tables are the tables which are non-utf8, the utf8 converter creates them. This should be your 3.x install before you converted to utf8. So yes you can restore your 3.x site with these tables, note that you either have to convert them to utf8 again or adjust the conf_global.php file.

If you need help with anything feel free to PM me and I'll take over for you, for free :P ​

I did do a unf8 conversion. However, what if all of my tables weren't converted? IS there a list somewhere so I can see if all my tables are accounted for? If I have all tables backed up, should I just export my tables and when I import rename them and remove "org"? 

Thank you so much.

I did do a unf8 conversion. However, what if all of my tables weren't converted? IS there a list somewhere so I can see if all my tables are accounted for? If I have all tables backed up, should I just export my tables and when I import rename them and remove "org"? 

Thank you so much.

​First of all take a database backup and make sure it is a full backup. If you have access to phpMyAdmin you can see the collacation of each table in there and check if they'ee utf8 or not although it wouldn't be possible to upgrade to ips4 if they weren't utf8.

​First of all take a database backup and make sure it is a full backup. If you have access to phpMyAdmin you can see the collacation of each table in there and check if they'ee utf8 or not although it wouldn't be possible to upgrade to ips4 if they weren't utf8.

​But I don't know if part of the upgrade process from 3.4.7 to 4 is for the installer to backup EVERY table and relabel "orig_" or only tables that were converted to utf8?

What if I already had some tables that were utf8? Where they not backed up?

Ok the converter makes full backup your MySQL but makes the backup start with orig_ when you then upgrade to 4.0.x only use the table not using orig_ but a lesson learnt BACKUP BACKUP before you do any form work to your forum.

​So I do have a full backup? I will export all the orig_ tables and I should have my complete 3.4.7 DB again?

Is there a way to get rid of the prefix that was added?

​So I do have a full backup? I will export all the orig_ tables and I should have my complete 3.4.7 DB again?

Is there a way to get rid of the prefix that was added?

​You can rename that, you can mass-rename with the editor notepad++.
My offer's still there btw, if you want me to take over for you and get your ips3 site up ;)

Archived