Featured Content for IPS4.x+

6 minutes ago, InsideEdge said:

@onlyME

Is there a way to see the entire log / list of slider entries  (topics / images) in the ACP as we could before on 3.4.9 ?  My site is hosted by IPS and I don't have ftp access.  It would just be easier to prune old entries as needed to make sure there aren't any old broken image files.

You should uninstall Featured Content in IPB 3.4.9 first, upgrade IPS 4.1.x and then install new Featured Content.

Edit: I missunderstood :rofl: Do you want to pure the old database of V3 version?

Edited by onlyME
1 minute ago, onlyME said:

You should uninstall Featured Content in IPB 3.4.9 first, upgrade IPS 4.1.x and then install new Featured Content.

My site was upgraded last January to 4.1.x.  I don't believe any of my added applications or pluggins were removed prior to the upgrade, but they were all removed after the upgrade.  The 4.1.x Featured Slider application started new after the upgrade with a new list of entries.  However, with 4.1.x  and having my site hosted by IPS I can't see a log or list of all entries in the ACP as before.  After going past my set (24) I can't prune old entries via a visible list. 

1 minute ago, InsideEdge said:

My site was upgraded last January to 4.1.x.  I don't believe any of my added applications or pluggins were removed prior to the upgrade, but they were all removed after the upgrade.  The 4.1.x Featured Slider application started new after the upgrade with a new list of entries.  However, with 4.1.x  and having my site hosted by IPS I can't see a log or list of all entries in the ACP as before.  After going past my set (24) I can't prune old entries via a visible list. 

Try to go ACP > System > Support > You will see 'SQL Toolbox' in 'System Information' block. There are 2 old tables of V3 version you can drop them: fcontent & fcontent_slideshow 

12 minutes ago, InsideEdge said:

I found them.  I'm not sure how to remove them.  

Once the old files are removed will the current list be visible as a list in the application or only within the SQL files?

It's only in the SQL, and unaffected to the current version. You can delete by running this query:

DROP TABLE fcontent;
DROP TABLE fcontent_slideshow;

7 minutes ago, onlyME said:

It's only in the SQL, and unaffected to the current version. You can delete by running this query:

DROP TABLE fcontent;
DROP TABLE fcontent_slideshow;

I got this error,

This kind of query cannot be performed from the SQL Toolbox.

I will send a request to remove via Support.  

Thanks for your wonderful help, again.

Hi @onlyME

After installing todays latest Featured Content update ( 4.1.21 ), Most of my Featured Content sliders are no longer loading. The one that does function is one that does not contain any images? So has this latest update corrupted the file locations on the images for my image sliders?

I am still on IPS 4.1.14.3 and have yet to update to 4.1.15 so not sure if this newest update was specifically for 4.1.15? I'll hold off on doing the update until you check it out though.

Edited by Neej
3 hours ago, Neej said:

Hi @onlyME

After installing todays latest Featured Content update ( 4.1.21 ), Most of my Featured Content sliders are no longer loading. The one that does function is one that does not contain any images? So has this latest update corrupted the file locations on the images for my image sliders?

I am still on IPS 4.1.14.3 and have yet to update to 4.1.15 so not sure if this newest update was specifically for 4.1.15? I'll hold off on doing the update until you check it out though.

It has been fixed by removing this custom css

.bx-wrapper .bx-viewport {
  	height: 100% !important;
}

Hello! We just picked this up yesterday and we're looking to deploy it on our new portal. We're running into an issue where the block it goes in, doesn't seem to adjust for anything. (Stays really small)

If we toggle the "Slider Title" on and off, it appears and disappears. But no content, no matter what we attempt to use as the 'source' won't go into the Slider.

Hopefully, I'm just overlooking something... 

2 hours ago, Strikes said:

Hello! We just picked this up yesterday and we're looking to deploy it on our new portal. We're running into an issue where the block it goes in, doesn't seem to adjust for anything. (Stays really small)

If we toggle the "Slider Title" on and off, it appears and disappears. But no content, no matter what we attempt to use as the 'source' won't go into the Slider.

Hopefully, I'm just overlooking something... 

Hi, please give me the url so I can see the problem.

22 hours ago, onlyME said:

I see there is a js error 

Try to disable the plugin that is related to adBlock

Disabled the AdBlock Detector program and it was able to work. Would like to be able to use the AdBlock Detector program though still... I'll try and figure that one out, or find a different plugin to do the same thing. Thanks!

I have installed your latest .tar file (4.1.21). And the list of applications say it is installed-- but can not find any settings to manage the application following the included README file. There simply is no Featured Content under customization or anything in my ACP related to that. I do have the ability to place the side block, but its useless without configuration.

Running IPB 4.1.15

1 minute ago, Hoff said:

I have installed your latest .tar file (4.1.21). And the list of applications say it is installed-- but can not find any settings to manage the application following the included README file. There simply is no Featured Content under customization or anything in my ACP related to that. I do have the ability to place the side block, but its useless without configuration.

Running IPB 4.1.15

It's in ACP > Customization > Featured Content

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Dennis_87 said:

Is it possible to make the featured content module load faster? cache it maybe? When it load the background image on my site is not loaded right away.

But maybe just me that see the site is not loaded in a few ms :p 

The slider included inside $( document ).ready() so it will only run once the page is ready for javascript. But it was hidden by css opacity = 0, when all images loaded done it will set opacity = 1 to display to prevent the overflow images issue. 

Maybe your sliders has a lot of images, and the images have large file size so it's slow to show. 

8 minutes ago, Dennis_87 said:

its only two small images now.

You can see the site here: 

http://www.detailersclub.no/

Every time the front page is refreshed or click on the home link on the menu the background it not visible for a short moment.

This only happens on the front page when the featured content is enabled. But may be some conflicts on my site only? 

I tested by refreshing page, and I didn't see the problem. The background shows fast. But sometimes I have this issue when browsing your site

errorencoding.png

Edited by onlyME