Jump to content

Featured Content for IPS4.x+


onlyME

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, onlyME said:

Try to set max slides = 1, min slides = 1

And edit your theme > featuredcontent > front > embed > showSlider

Find


height:{$height}; width:100%;

Replace by


max-height:{$height}; width:100%;

Save

Fixed. Thank you :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had IPB v3.x with featured content and love it.

Upgraded to IPB v4.x, purchased the latest Featured Content. Clicked "Upgrade Plugin" in the ACP. Got an error message and would not upgrade.

It will not uninstall either.

fc41.PNG

Please Help!

 

Edited by gigantor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2016 at 8:02 PM, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

I get the following error - trying to upgrade from an old version (3.x) to the new one.

1S111/1 Table 'mysite.featuredcontent_sliders' doesn't exist

 

Try to run 'Get Support' to fix the databases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi onlyMe - thank you for the fantastic mod!


One question: I am having some issues with how my widgets are showing on certain pages - I want to add a slider as part of my header, but the custom widget field I added doesn't seem to be cooperating outside of the Forums. I tried adding {template="showSlider"} block to my globalTemplate HTML, but this is just producing a slider that I am unable to edit and states does not have any contents. I'm sure I'm missing something crucial - do you know of any way to get the slider to function outside of the widget boxes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, AstralEcho said:

Hi onlyMe - thank you for the fantastic mod!


One question: I am having some issues with how my widgets are showing on certain pages - I want to add a slider as part of my header, but the custom widget field I added doesn't seem to be cooperating outside of the Forums. I tried adding {template="showSlider"} block to my globalTemplate HTML, but this is just producing a slider that I am unable to edit and states does not have any contents. I'm sure I'm missing something crucial - do you know of any way to get the slider to function outside of the widget boxes?

Hi,

The code should be

{expression="\IPS\Application::load('featuredcontent')->show(1)" raw="true"}

(1 is Slider ID)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@onlyME - I'm using a theme which is fairly wide.  My issue now is the right hand side has quite the ugly gap in it as shown below:

emptyright.PNG

When I look at the CSS it has the width: 1070px - If I change that to width: 100% the problem goes away.  Problem is the CSS itself is set to 100%, so I'm unsure of where or what I need to change here.

I just installed the latest version and the slider is gone completely now :(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, pilotguy said:

@onlyME - I'm using a theme which is fairly wide.  My issue now is the right hand side has quite the ugly gap in it as shown below:

emptyright.PNG

When I look at the CSS it has the width: 1070px - If I change that to width: 100% the problem goes away.  Problem is the CSS itself is set to 100%, so I'm unsure of where or what I need to change here.

I just installed the latest version and the slider is gone completely now :(

 

Which browser are you using? I tested chrome & firefox

slider_1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gigantor said:

I see that and enabled it, but it doesn't show up on the board. How d I add content to it, it's set to manual which is what I want.

 

 

 

Goto your front page anf login as admin. There is an arrow button on the left, click on it and then drag the Featured Content block place it on the blue areas. Then save the blocks, refresh page you will see a button to add content to slider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

@onlyME hey can you make this so it auto gets the first image in the thread for this mod?  its a pain to have to upload a picture for each feature.

It had this feature ^_^ The image is from the first post of topic.

Edited by onlyME
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2016 at 3:31 AM, onlyME said:

 

Please give me acp access so I can take a look.

It was a permissions issue on our end. Thanks!

One more thing:  Rearranging the order of the pics in a slider does not work.  I can drag them into the order I want, but the slider never updates and there is no "save" button.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, gigantor said:

It was a permissions issue on our end. Thanks!

One more thing:  Rearranging the order of the pics in a slider does not work.  I can drag them into the order I want, but the slider never updates and there is no "save" button.

This is an old bug and I fixed it, are you using the newest version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've come across a bug that if it's set to the following: 

bug.png

The first image will load then it'll transition into the next image; and in a blink of an eye it will go back to the first image, transition into the third and then back at a blink of an eye to the first timage. :/ Is it supposed to be doing this? I'm using the latest Stable version of IPS and I'm using it in the sidebar of a CMS Page.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tripp_UK said:

I've come across a bug that if it's set to the following: 

bug.png

The first image will load then it'll transition into the next image; and in a blink of an eye it will go back to the first image, transition into the third and then back at a blink of an eye to the first timage. :/ Is it supposed to be doing this? I'm using the latest Stable version of IPS and I'm using it in the sidebar of a CMS Page.

 

Yes, I know this bug with Ticker Mode ON. The problem is in jquery plugin of slider. I haven't found a solution yet :(

Edited by onlyME
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...