Featured Content for IPS4.x+

30 minutes ago, sobrenome said:

What if I want to add a slider manually, not using the Block Manager, for exemple, add a slider in a page of Pages in a custom location, using the HTML editor?

Create a new block with type is 'custom', editor is 'manual html'. Content is the code below the slider's name in slider manager.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Jirinex said:

Hello,

I 've updated to the latest version and now it's all screwy. The pages are not formatted correctly and also there is no titles under the images in the slider. Is there any template I need to reset?

Try to edit your theme, reset all templates in > featuredcontent > front

8 minutes ago, Jirinex said:

thanks for the quick reply, I don't seem to be able to revert any of them, probably I 've never touched them :) Anything else I can try?

Click save button first, you will able to click revert button.

If it still does not work, give me acp access so I can take a look.

Does this support custom ip.pages blocks? What I basically want to is create a custom feed block from Calendar. But instead of listing the next 5, 10 or so events, I want them to scroll in a ticker. Can this mod do that?

I noticed earlier that you didn't have plans to support Calendar, but maybe this changed :)

6 minutes ago, jair101 said:

Does this support custom ip.pages blocks? What I basically want to is create a custom feed block from Calendar. But instead of listing the next 5, 10 or so events, I want them to scroll in a ticker. Can this mod do that?

I noticed earlier that you didn't have plans to support Calendar, but maybe this changed :)

Yes, it has a code to embed to ip.pages block.

But I have no plan for Calendar because there are only a few people use it. 

1 minute ago, onlyME said:

Yes, it has a code to embed to ip.pages block.

But I have no plan for Calendar because there are only a few people use it. 

Ok, but if it is a block created by feeding from Calendar? My idea is to use the calendar template, but just make it as a ticker. I know that I can probably add the JS myself, but it could be buggy and another advantage of your mod is pulling random pictures from Gallery. 

1 minute ago, jair101 said:

Ok, but if it is a block created by feeding from Calendar? My idea is to use the calendar template, but just make it as a ticker. I know that I can probably add the JS myself, but it could be buggy and another advantage of your mod is pulling random pictures from Gallery. 

It can not work with other blocks. The code of slider only displays itself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you @onlyME for this work, this is a great plugin.

Anyway, I missunderstood how content is selected.

I tried to play with "sort by" option but I'm not totally satisfied by plugin behaviour.

For example, with "Sort by last update" setting:

- Yesterday, last post of a topic with an image (I activated "only topic with image" feature) was shown

- This morning, this post disappeared : I guess that's because a new message without image has been posted after but I don't understand this behaviour: if the last message of a topic has no image, so it seems that the thread is not considered anymore by your plugin, strange behaviour

Plus, it doesn't work for some images, the result is that I get the "no image" display even if I checked "only images", maybe a filesize issue?

Hello,

If a new topic has a new post, it will be the newest update although it contains or not contains image. You can select "ignore topics with no image". 

Some images are not real url, they may be a redirect url so the plugin can not get the real image to save the cache.