"Featured Image" for IP Blog 4.0?

Ryan Thomas

Hey guys,

For latest blog posts, I noticed that it only shows the title and profile image of the blogger.  However, is there anyway for most recent blog posts to display a primary "featured" image, just like Worppress does?

This is very important for the community I plan to build since the featured image has always been used to grab the attention of my visitors and it summarizes the blog post in a single image.

Anyway to accomplish this?

I complained about this myself. Their concept is: they show just the full blog post body and cut it off. The advantage, they say, is that this works for everything. A user might just enter a title and then post a YouTube video. So there is no teaser text or teaser image to show. By showing the cut-off blog post content, they avoid an empty area or HTML tags posted as text (as in 3.4). 

I get the idea, but in my opinion a sophisticated blog software should at least allow for a classic blog view if the admin wants it. I would want to require a teaser text and teaser image for each post. It’s the standard way how blogs and basically all news sites work. 

I sense a mod on the way for this...hopefully!

And one could argue that even the YouTube video thumbnail could be pulled and used as a thumbnail.  This has been done before with other CMS systems and I hope someone develops a mod where we can at least upload a thumbnail image.  This is a major problem for me at the moment. :(  But I'm hoping the IP community comes through!  

• 11 months later...

Archived