Time to load when submitting new threads.

I submitted a ticket to IPS about this and was referred to it being a server configuration issue which it very well could be. We had this issue on our old server and it was getting to be time to get a new one anyway so I wrote it off as being slow hard drives affecting mysql performance.

Now we are on a new dedicated box with ssd drives. We do have cpanel currently and apache 2.4, php as a dso module with mod_ruid2 and mysql 5.6. The site itself is fast, replying to a thread is pretty quick as well. However when submitting a new thread it takes over 15 seconds for it to go through. If you submit a new thread and while it is waiting to load the new page if you click on the link for the forum you are posting it the thread is already there instantly. We have two sites with IPB and they both do the same. I have one other site with xenforo and posting a new thread with that goes through instantly.

I am not using any cdn's and have also rebuilt all caches a couple of times and also rebuilt the skin caches. Have also tried every setting in the ACP to see if anything would make a difference along with disabling any additional applications and hooks and still no difference. Would like advice on where to start looking? It almost seems like IPB isn't sending the header redirect right away.

I should add that when submitting a new article into ip.content or sending a private message they both go through very quickly. It's only when submitting new threads. Even if it is a forum with no followers and have ping services disabled which we only ever had the three default ones.

I wanted to post an update. I still don't know exactly what was the cause of the issue other than something with the network from the provider. We have moved the site to a VM, with nginx proxy to apache and perconadb and it has never been faster.

Archived