New password Q&A

vitoreis

I don't know/remember any response to the new Q & A answers... In the future, I'll never remember what I'll write here now unsure.png

Any help? Maybe I save the answers to gmail but I know: will give me hassle when I want to remember where I saved it ...

Some suggested questions I know the answer:
- Favorite color
- Favorite Club
- Name (s) and dates of birth of my children
- City where I was born
What can I do?

Its not a bad idea to improve security, I'd guess new members who sign up also have to supply these at registration time.

As a sidenote the 'third grade' question does not really apply to UK people given the differences in the systems over here, although there are enough questions anyway to pick three suitable ones.

Its not a bad idea to improve security, I'd guess new members who sign up also have to supply these at registration time.

Certainly the goal is a good one, the trouble is in the implementation. This whole affair reeks of panic driven and ill considered responses to a possible threat for some clients.

Others have pointed out that the questions asked are irrelevant or require details many will have forgotten. I was in third grade about 1956, nearly 60 years ago. Suddenly I'm required to remember details from that time?

It might have been better to alpha test these changes with some people not employed at IPS.

It is certainly true that many people use the same password on multiple sites, and criminals are exploiting this, but I resent being lumped in with a bunch of foolish muggles.

Archived