Making Apache 2.4.9 Faster by Removing Unused Modules

I set ttl to 15 secs for dynamic content, it takes most people that long to do a page refresh or move to another page. So far I have had no issues. Anything that needs an instant update, like changing a profile pic can be excluded. At the end of the day it works for me, my server load is zero compared to much higher before. Search traffic one hit page loads or flash social hits are no longer consuming resources.

Dude none of us are saying that you don't have Varnish running correctly. What i stated is with current IPB you can't fully take advantage of Varnish.

Having it running is one thing but using it full power is another thing.

I guess I will have to make more research. Unfortunately Cpanel makes the job harder instead of easier in this case. I would like to do minimum customizations to it, stick closer to the built-in options.

If I could get davehybrid results on server, I would be very pleased. Right now I am trying to use MPM Event and php-fpm on the server, with Apache. I am having a hard time since the beginning.

About Varnish, I guess that showing the same page for all visitors would be ok if the performance is amazing. My website takes about 5 seconds on the first view. That's too much. I want to get closer to 1 second. And if I have to show all links not bolded for 4 seconds faster, I prefer speed then custom bolded links.

What about the plugin available in the marketplace for Varnish?

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Hope you help me on this purpose.

My suggestion to you is get rid of cPanel. It add's unnecessary overhaul to the server. You can use centminmod and have twice faster load times with it.

I didn't know this software. Sounds great. I am not really an expert on Linux, and I rely on Cpanel and Cpanel support when something goes wrong with the server.

For exemple, I find very hard to set up DNS stuff on server. Does centminmod install the softwares and the next steps to put websites online?

Right now I have ended up with Apache with MPM Worker, FastCGI, pagespeed, Zend Opcache, Memcached and no .htaccess.

TTFB was reduced from about 0.4 ms to 0.230 ms. Document complete on first view was reduced from 6 s to 1,5 s and on second view to less than a second.

Do you think that Nginx could do much better or just a little bit better? And Varnish? Do I really need it? Another enhancement could be SSD.

Archived