4.0 Better Skin Control

jackflash

I've reading about the suggestions and directions on 4.0 and I am very excited.

What I'd really like to see is better skin control for faster customization and editing. If this suggestion has been posted before, please excuse me as I have been on the road.

On many of our sites, we use a skin called ZuZu and love the hook in which it provides because it allows to some really quick customization features.

One could easily change the width of the side bar and whether it shows on the left or right sides. It also allows for the color changes with a a few easy clicks.

Lastly, I would love, Love, LOVE to see better side bar control - the easy creation of blank blocks for better reordering purposes and how and where the sidebar could be seen and by which groups.

395276.png

395276-2.png

and more. . .

We have noticed a number of skins offering these customisation options and 4.0 will introduce a theme settings system where designers can create and use them more easily - we'll also be making use of this system within our default theme. For changing colours, you will of course continue to be able to use the Visual Theme Editor.

More details on themes in 4.0: For >users / >designers

As for the sidebar... we haven't revealed our plans for this yet... but you're going to love it :p

We have noticed a number of skins offering these customisation options and 4.0 will introduce a theme settings system where designers can create and use them more easily - we'll also be making use of this system within our default theme. For changing colours, you will of course continue to be able to use the Visual Theme Editor.

More details on themes in 4.0: For >users / >designers

As for the sidebar... we haven't revealed our plans for this yet... but you're going to love it :tongue:

Such good news. :wub: :thumbsup: :wub:

Lastly, I would love, Love, LOVE to see better side bar control - the easy creation of blank blocks for better reordering purposes and how and where the sidebar could be seen and by which groups.

Great idea jackflash! :thumbsup: That way we wouldn't have to be adding extra hooks/apps to perform such tasks.

As for the sidebar... we haven't revealed our plans for this yet... but you're going to love it :tongue:

Awesome news Mark!

• 2 weeks later...

What about better control of the actual editor box? Currently that has its own style sheet, for example, and changing that changes things like quotes in the editor box for all skins. Will this be incorporated in the templates and css system with V.4?

And what about some of the hard coded closing, opening and other buttons and links?

I am asking because I work a lot with multi-part graphical buttons, and there are several which are almost impossible to set up the way I'd want to, because I cannot change the generated code, it is hard-wired in non-template and non-css-template code.

Thank you in advance for any enlightenment on these particular issues.

Warm regards, Wim

Archived