Marketplace rules

RPG-support

I would like to ask for Marketplace "Rules and Regulations" for contributors to be published. The text should explain which files should be accepted or rejected my Marketplace moderators.

I would also ask for more strict rules of accepting addons and modules to the Marketplace: if not all words in an addon are language abstracted and it can not be fully translated through the language strings, then this should not be accepted to the Marketplace by moderators.

Submission guidelines are embedded right on the submission form itself.

The full guidelines are already published here: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/marketplace/guidelines.html

The link to this page can be found at the top of every marketplace page ( "Are you a developer? Want to know more about submitting to our marketplace? Check out this page for more information!" ).

We are not going to deny third party submissions just because they don't language abstract. I respect that this is important when you don't speak English, however we are not out to create a hostile and difficult to navigate environment for third party developers. We consider it professional for a third party developer to language abstract, but if they don't want to then we are not going to force them to.

You provided old text which do not contain any detailed info of what type of submissions are allowed. I was promissed in the client center that new rules will be provided soon. Must to say that the present not-written rules are strange: not language abstracted addons are allowed; only self-installing addons are allowed, etc and etc. Whereas more file types were allowed on the Maretplace in the past years: instructions without self-installing files, etc. - and this files are still present on the Marketplace. So, when I want to submit the same type instruction-only-file, I am being rejected by the Marletplace moderator. What did I do wrong? I only spent my time creating the same type submission which is already presented on the Marketplace whithout knowing that this type of files are being rejected at the moment. I do not have any place on your site to read about allowed file types.

Also, you are not allowing to submit paid translations of the other members addons without their permission and this looks strange.

All this makes peolple unsure if they want to spend time submitting something, because this is all left to the moderators' desicion: approve or do not approve.

Just need some written clarification of what files are allowed. The present situation looks more like the mess and need to be explained publicly to minimize hostility and difficulty for third party developers. I think that you will do this yourself without being pushed but after some time. It always need some time to understand that moderators do not have ability to develop the Marketplace. It should be developed on the basis of the advanced and written in details rules of submission.

We have few restrictions on the file TYPES allowed. Submit a zip, a .tar.gz, an .xml file - that doesn't matter to us.

We do not allow any new submissions that require editing files manually. All new submissions must follow our standard formats to install (applications you upload the files and then run the application installation from the ACP, hooks you upload the XML file from the hooks page in the ACP, language packs you upload from the language area in the ACP).

I don't think there is any problem with paid translations of other people's work...I think you were in a situation where you took their PHP code itself, translated it (because it wasn't language abstracted), and then submitted their source files. THAT is not allowed. You can't submit other people's work without their permission.

Archived