Topic logs should not be restricted to admin

AndyF

The 'logs' option in topic moderation. I think these should be available to global mods and possibly forum level mods if its within an area they moderate.

I do not see why its restricted to admins as you could well have a 'skinning' admin group that did not have full forum access only basic levels (hence why we have the 'is global mod?' option in groups) but access to say Look/Feel but they would be able to use the 'logs' in topic history. :)

I thought about it being a problem if it had entries that were invisible to the viewer but as the viewer would be a moderator it should not be a concern really in most cases.

Andy, in this case, I don't agree with you. I don't provide access to the admin function or the ACP to any moderators on my site. While I have one person I currently trust with the admin side of my forums, the admin control functions are one thing I keep from the rest of the community.

I'd not class topic history as an 'admin function' though personally. :smile: As its on the front end and only really relates to actions performed on a topic.

Just to clarify I meant this (sorry if you knew) , iirc it was called "Topic History" previously. See pic:

• 3 months later...

Archived