Quote box

Elbmek

I own an army forum and members post information and news on anything that is of interest to the members, eg: I post astronomical news from NASA and space.com; other soccer, military news and history. When I cut an item and open the relevant post/reply. I cannot click on paste because it waits until I open the quote box before it will let me paste it in.

I have just copied a sentence out of your post, it will not lit me paste it until:

What are you trying to copy and where from ?

I click on the speech bubble. It then asks me if I will allow access to the clipboard. When I click on ok, the text appears in the box 'What are you trying to copy and where from ?' now allows me to add it to the open text as normal. I am on Win 8 and IE10. It also did it when I had Firefox and Chrome. (but that's another story)!

I didn't even realize there was a paste button on the editor. I just used it and I see nothing about it needing a quote box. It does give a popup explaining that it can't access the clipboard directly (that's a security thing, it's not a bug, the operating system doesn't allow it) but you can paste there and it shows up without being quoted for me, I just pasted this from your post above:

I own an army forum and members post information and news on anything that is of interest to the members, eg: I post astronomical news from NASA and space.com; other soccer, military news and history. When I cut an item and open the relevant post/reply. I cannot click on paste because it waits until I open the quote box before it will let me paste it in.

• +Clients
  • customerpips.gif
  • 18,912 posts
  • contributor.png

Posted 21 minutes ago

I didn't even realize there was a paste button on the editor. I just used it and I see nothing about it needing a quote box. It does give a popup explaining that it can't access the clipboard directly (that's a security thing, it's not a bug, the operating system doesn't allow it) but you can paste there and it shows up without being quoted for me, I just pasted this from your post above:

Darn thing worked for me, talk about call me a liar!!!! I am going to try it on my forum now.
No still not working - could it be a setting, if so what might it be.
I have tweaked nothing

I just tried using right click and paste on a blank below - it took several clicks before 'paste' became active.

I think I might have solved it. Instead of my clicking on the speech bubble between <> and the twit logo, I clicking on the folder 'paste' first of the three brown ones. It said:

Because of your browser security settings, the editor is not able to access your clipboard data directly. You are required to paste it again in this window.

Please paste inside the following box using the keyboard (Ctrl/Cmd+V) and hit OK
I just tried it in my forum and I still had to use the brown folder and paste into the box, but this time it did not tell me the browser security settings prevented etc etc

Archived