Must be included on IPB4

gmaister22

There have to be permissions for setting a max font size on member's signature.

It's unacceptable for such a mature software not to be able to set a max font size on signatures. We can't just edit everyone's signature because they have set it to 24px and it's bigger than the post itself....

Just my 2cents

You have moderators just for people that do things like use huge images and fonts in signatures. Or you can find/request a modification.

If we want too much packed into the core of IP.Board, it can slow the board down. Not to mention make it more complicated than needed.

You have moderators just for people that do things like use huge images and fonts in signatures. Or you can find/request a modification.

If we want too much packed into the core of IP.Board, it can slow the board down. Not to mention make it more complicated than needed.

Why not to be able to set a max font since you already have permissions for signatures? You can already set a max image size. I see no reason not to be able setting a max font size.

I don't think that by adding a simple permission that will set a max font size on the signature fonts will slow down THAT much your forum. I see the complexity of that permission...i think its huge...

you can force font size in signature . for example try add this to your skin css

.signature,.signature a {

font-size: 0.9em !important;
}

or you can set font range via jquery .

for images auto resizing in signature you can use max-width and max-height to do this . like this

.signature img {max-width:500px; max-height:250px; }

I don't think that by adding a simple permission that will set a max font size on the signature fonts will slow down THAT much your forum. I see the complex of that permission...i think its huge...

No of course it won't. However IPS gets dozens of feature requests: almost on a daily basis.

No of course it won't. However IPS gets dozens of feature requests: almost on a daily basis.

It's their job to choose which ones are the most...critical. And customers are here to give their feedback, that's what i'm doing right now...i'm not sure if you are "representing" IPS here...

They should be grateful that they are getting requests and its always good and nice to hear what people/customers want.

Anyway back to OP...

you can force font size in signature . for example try add this to your skin css

.signature,.signature a {

font-size: 0.9em !important;
}

or you can set font range via jquery .

for images auto resizing in signature you can use max-width and max-height to do this . like this

.signature img {max-width:500px; max-height:250px; }

Thanks man!

Any ideas how i can set a range for the font size? Lets say 0.9 to 1.4em

PS: Also clear you inbox !!!

Archived