IPS 4, skin options/features

Wolfie

Gonna get right to the point on this.

When I change the skin I'm using, I'm 'stuck' to that skin unless I choose another. What if I want to view the default but I don't know what the default is (on a board other than my own) or if I want to change the default within the ACP and make sure I'm seeing it change as another member would? Can't do it. Only way to 'unset' the skin I'm using is to force change it from the ACP. But that isn't always an option for visitors to a site who might decide they want to view whatever the default may be.

So a request that when there are multiple skins available to choose from, there to be an option to use the default setting.

In addition, something that I'm sure a lot of admins would love. A way to schedule when a skin is available. I might want to have a skin installed and ready but not yet accessible until a certain date or only during a certain range of dates. So basically, a scheduler that can be applied to a skin, where I can decide when it's available, by dates, days of the week, week of the month, etc. Sort of like a crontab for skins.

In addition, something that I'm sure a lot of admins would love. A way to schedule when a skin is available. I might want to have a skin installed and ready but not yet accessible until a certain date or only during a certain range of dates. So basically, a scheduler that can be applied to a skin, where I can decide when it's available, by dates, days of the week, week of the month, etc. Sort of like a crontab for skins.

There used to be a hook for that but I don't know if it's been updated to 3.4.x

Skin Scheduler

Use Skin Scheduler to schedule when your skins become the
default skin by date and priority.

Skin Scheduler - © 2011 Chuck Fischer
http://www.fischeronline.net/skinscheduler/
skinscheduler@fischeronline.net

Skin Scheduler is an add-on application for version
3.1.4 of Invision Power Services' IPBoard forums software.

Archived