Archive improvements

MisterPhilip

In addition to being able to search archived topics mixed with live topics (another topic that was already discussed), I'd like to see the following archive additions:

1. Ability to set rules per forum instead of global. Each forum on my board is not equal and shouldn't be treated as such. Right now, it's either all or nothing so-to-speak for archiving, and I'd like to see more granular controls over this.
  2. Add a way to see if a topic is archived or not on the forum view. I'd imagine this would be a fairly easy hook, but we already have icons for closed, answered, pinned, etc. Where is the archived / "old topic" icon or look? Personally, I'd have it a light background / text than the rest, but that's just me.
  3. The AdminCP shows how many topics are currently archived and how many will be archived (and auto-updates). However, nowhere does it quickly show how many need to be processed still. Sure, you can do the math, but the system already knows the answer and just needs to be displayed.

The first point is the biggest for me though. The rest are nice to haves.

Couple improvements i will like to see :

• Url of archived content should not change at all. It should stay same and content should appear on the old location ( to reduce SEO issues )
  • Allow administrators to define a set day since a thread last received response. If the thread passes that period , thread should be automatically moved to archive.
  • Users should demand threads to be re activated, if enough vote will be submitted by defined number of users , thread should be automatically move to normal status

Url of archived content should not change at all. It should stay same and content should appear on the old location ( to reduce SEO issues )

Archiver currently doesn't change the URL at all. It just changes the database table (and possible database / server) it is stored in. You shouldn't be seeing that.

Allow administrators to define a set day since a thread last received response. If the thread passes that period , thread should be automatically moved to archive.

This is also currently possible. AdminCP > Forums > Archive > Archive Rules > Topic last post [older than] [___] [days].

Users should demand threads to be re activated, if enough vote will be submitted by defined number of users , thread should be automatically move to normal status

A good thought :smile:

• 2 years later...

Archived