Gary (Server Management)

posting here to say thanks & also recommend Gary if you need Server Management

to start things of i have a site , dedicated server & also had server admin to manage and fix stuff on my server but still my site was loading slow , contacted them a few times and for them all seems fine but not for me & are members so i though maybe was a hook or something the problem so i disable all and still with issues, then today i started looking at some post here and seen good reviews about Gary so i decided to contact him & in 30 min he was already working on my server... fixed so many things and below some things he did

I put you on FAST CGI, A tiny bit slower than DSO but more secure. I installed the right modules for IPB and based on the server enviroment.

I done some tweaks here and there to suhosin, Suhosin is like a security patch for standard apache or any CGI module.

Mysql is tuned more so you should see a better output / speed.

I seen there was 6 slow queries caused by broken IP tables, So I repaired them for you, After that I put them into a mass optimize.

nginx was re-installed and configured so that is good to go :smile:

xcache was removed and replaced with delfate, Its less hard on the CPU. Does the same job and works better with mod+fcgi and ngnx.

site running much faster after all the work was done.. big thanks :)

Archived