Moving server -> database errors

I moved my site to another dedicated server.

IPB gets weird errors at new server, i get these:

Error: 126 - Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_313_1.MYI'; try to repair it

Google doesnt help, it could be many things.

Has another IPB users got this? How did you fix it?

I am my host. I have dedicated server.

Google says its full /tmp, but it isnt that:

root@localhost:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 453G 4.6G 426G 2% /
udev 3.9G 4.0K 3.9G 1% /dev
tmpfs 1.6G 328K 1.6G 1% /run
none 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
none 3.9G 0 3.9G 0% /run/shm
/dev/sda2 90M 24M 61M 29% /boot
/dev/sda6 1.9G 35M 1.8G 2% /tmp

Your MySQL version?

Did you create a database, import your data? Update all your config files, recreate your caches?

Are you maybe moving from INNODB to MYISAM environment?

I would create a new DB, upload blank IP.Board and attempt a fresh install and test everything is compatible with your new server setup. Then you can work out what's broken from the migration.

Okay, tell me if this is possible. I moved server again. And again database started doing huge querys.

Okay. i dumped database and reimported it again. Seems everything is fine after that. Could this be some version error and reimporting fixed it?

So this code make whole database crash. They say its not a bug :hmm:

<ul>
   <if test="is_array( $records ) && count( $records )">
       <foreach loop="$records as $r">
           <li style="margin-bottom:5px"><a href='{$r['url']}page__view__getnewpost' rel='bookmark' title='{$r['title']}'><strong>{$r['title']}</strong></a>
               <span class='date'><abbr class="published" title="{parse expression="date( 'c', $r['date'] )"}">{parse date="$r['date']" format="short"}</abbr></span><br />
               <span class='desctext'>{IPSText::truncate( strip_tags($r['content']), 285 )}</span> 
<a href='{$r['url']}page__view__getnewpost' rel='bookmark' title='{$r['title']}' style="font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-size:smaller" >Lue lisää...</a>
                </li>
       </foreach>
   </if>
</ul>

So this code make whole database crash. They say its not a bug :hmm:

No, that code does not, it is as basic as basic gets, screenshot the Feed filters and I will tell you what specific configuration you have it in made the database have issues.

It is very likely a latest posts feed, or multiple high-load blocks, I saw that bug report, that query should at maximum be generated once per such a block.

How many you have on the page to throw out 10 of those?

Cache, yethink? Swap to topics feeds even, strain the posts table less if you throw that many out?

Even simply refining the block count, and pulling more rows in the lesser number of feeds would have a helpful impact here, you simply cannot put 10, 20 latest post feed blocks on a page directly sans pulling them in with ajax and not expect some issues.

That is my Recent Posts block ( {parse block="uudet_viestit"} ). It loads latests posts from forums, honoring forum permissions. I removed it and server came alive. Cache was 1 minute.

Where is "Feed filters"? :smile:

I'm not doubting something in the server could be at cause, badly tuned mysql can be evil.

that said, as a temp measure, CHANGE THE SORT. Post Date is notoriously heavy. Or cache it.

I personally avoid the use of Post feeds, a topic feed with sort by last post is still lighter than that latest posts feed, with the same net result IMO.

Archived