Download: Duplicate Members Logger

PrinceOfAbyss

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the "problem" is about the auto ones.

Currently, for the manual, the author is the admin who presses the buttons. So the author setting that was added (seen in the image) is about the auto ones which are not physically initiated by an admin, but instead by an action (the duplicate registration detection).

Is this approach sufficient for most of you?

My apologies if this was already answered here. While testing, people registering can create multiple accounts if using a different Browser. If they use the same Browser, then I can prohibit the registration process, but not if they're using a different Browser. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

Do you mean that you were able to register an account with one browser and another account with another browser, and the app didn't show the two accounts as dups?

Maybe one of the browsers doesn't have Flash installed? For example, if one of the browsers is IE, then you need the Active-X Flash, while if the other is Firefox, Opera etc, you need the Plugin Flash.

post-107076-0-86687300-1353191694_thumb.

Do you mean that you were able to register an account with one browser and another account with another browser?

I didn't proceed with fully registering because I wasn't presented with the error page, which I was hoping to see. Both Browsers have Flash installed, and I could have went through with the registration, but wasn't I supposed to be presented with the error page before any of that even happened?

I just tried to register some new accounts in my own board using IE, FF, Opera, Chrome, and Safari (just to test if Adobe has made any changes to the latest version of Flash player breaking the cross-browser ability), and I was stopped by the app each and every time.

What OS are you running? Can you try to create another account with each browser?

I just tried to register some new accounts in my own board using IE, FF, Opera, Chrome, and Safari (just to test if Adobe has made any changes to the latest version of Flash player breaking the cross-browser ability), and I was stopped by the app each and every time.

What OS are you running? Can you try to create another account with each browser?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

The error page doesn't show up for:

• Chrome 23.0.1271.64 m
  • Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

The error page does show up for:

• Safari 5.1.7

Can you PM me some Teamviewer info to see this in action? This is obviously related to your computer, but I'd like to investigate the circumstances esp. IE doesn't detect the dup.

I'm not sure what good that would do since I was merely testing this. What's to say that the same thing won't happen on another computer, from someone who actually is trying to register multiple accounts using different Browsers? Theoretically, you could be providing support for many people one on one.

Basically, I could care less if it works on my computer. It just needs to work on computers other than mine.

That's exactly the point. I'd like to investigate the circumstances it didn't work (cause for any tests I've made, it worked 100% of the times). And if it's something that I can improve regarding the app (that is not Adobe related), this will be a great chance to find out. ;)

OK. What exactly are you requesting of me? I don't use Teamviewer.

This is exactly the case, we'll both need to be online. Right now I am (obviously :P), if now is not OK for you, we can arrange some other time for this.

All I need to do is try to register some accounts, and at the same time take a look in the folder I mentioned above, and also look at the source code of your forum in each browser.

An easy way to reproduce the problem is to make sure you have installed the latest adobe flash player. Then register the first account with Internet Explorer and a second account with Google Chrome.

A couple of weeks ago (when I was busy testing this app) I noticed it always works in that order (due to flash changes by adobe). Tested on a 3 different computers.

Archived