Download: Duplicate Members Logger

PrinceOfAbyss

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realized there is a problem on the template hook that loads the .swf movie in the community, resulting in the .swf movie loading twice in each page!

Although this doesn't degrade the ability to spot duplicates, it greatly impacts the stats shown in the app's Overview page, because for any member that logs into your community for the first time, two machine IDs are created.

During the weekend I'll fix this, and you should expect a v3.0.1 update on Monday.

I will also add a Mass prune machine IDs button in Overview, should you want your stats to reflect the actual machines that have visited your community, to start fresh.

One question I have is if you delete any new member that signs up with a member name you find unsuitable (I get a number of these every day), when they sign up again, what happens? In ver 2 they appeared in the duplicate list. Now in ver 3 we have the option not to proceed with registration or allow it or to ban them. Say I have it set to not to proceed, because they have flash cookie, I would expect them to be rejected.

What ideally should happen and maybe it does is they only get rejected if in fact they have an account.

Thanks
Nigel

Hi PoA,

When clicking duplicate member name links, I'm receiving an error ...

System Error

[#404] incorrect_furl

Is this suppose to link to the member's profile?

Duh... How stupid... I missed an underscore... This will be corrected on Monday's update as well!!!! :) The same happens in Exclusions management too.

One question I have is if you delete any new member that signs up with a member name you find unsuitable (I get a number of these every day), when they sign up again, what happens? In ver 2 they appeared in the duplicate list. Now in ver 3 we have the option not to proceed with registration or allow it or to ban them. Say I have it set to not to proceed, because they have flash cookie, I would expect them to be rejected.

What ideally should happen and maybe it does is they only get rejected if in fact they have an account.

Thanks

Nigel

Nigel the previous version didn't keep a log of duplicates once they were removed either. Likewise, in this version every trace of a member is lost as soon as the member gets pruned. If you need to be able to identify duplicates of them, you will have to ban them instead. If the name is too inappropriate to even be in the list, you will have to change it in ACP to something more appropriate I suppose.

Or, do you mean something else?

Often the names are stupid e.g. TiGgER or MIKEXXX

We won't allow these so delete them and send an email suggesting they read the rules and sign up again. I want to know happens to these deleted members if they sign up again and I have you mod set to not to proceed. The really bad names we ban as we don't want them back.

Nigel

Whenever I try to 'Manage Duplicates', it times out before the page can ever load.

Anyone else having long pageload times when navigating to the managing duplicates page?

It does take a long time for me to load as well. Maybe about 60-120 seconds sometimes.

Looks all OK for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig0ZL3wAPoA

When I had no duplicates reported, it worked fine, as well.
When I had 1, it took about 5 seconds.
When I had 2, it took about 15 seconds.
Now, I have 5, and it times out with a timeout interval of 30.

Script issue?

Often the names are stupid e.g. TiGgER or MIKEXXX

We won't allow these so delete them and send an email suggesting they read the rules and sign up again. I want to know happens to these deleted members if they sign up again and I have you mod set to not to proceed. The really bad names we ban as we don't want them back.

Nigel

Ah OK. Not it's clear. Well, any trace that would be used to spot a duplicate ends as soon as you delete the original member. So, there is nothing to worry about them registering a new account. The system won't even know they have registered before.

Any idea why this is showing and not showing the Unique Machines ID's?

It is on every members ACP profile since install of 3.0.0.

This is supposed to be a list of machine IDs of the member. It should look like it looks in member.png image in the readme_files folder in the zip you downloaded.

I can investigate it directly in your ACP if you want.

Whenever I try to 'Manage Duplicates', it times out before the page can ever load.

Anyone else having long pageload times when navigating to the managing duplicates page?

This is strange, in my test board, and even in my live board it loads instantly.

It does take a long time for me to load as well. Maybe about 60-120 seconds sometimes.

Yea, I realized that in your board the other day. I thought you might have a really slow server.

Indeed the code that produces the duplicate groups is a little heavy, since it has to load (IPSMember::load) every member that is in the group (paginated), but it's not more data than what is prepared for the members list in section Members in ACP.

In my dev board, while I was testing the app, there was a point I had 8 duplicate groups, each having about 6-7 duplicate members. The page loaded instantly.

I'll look into this, but there is not much in the script that can be re-written to make it more efficient. There are other areas indeed where it would run even 20 queries, and with some smart coding I reduced it to just one query. But here... It's already optimized. >_<

Indeed the code that produces the duplicate groups is a little heavy, since it has to load (IPSMember::load) every member that is in the group (paginated), but it's not more data than what is prepared for the members list in section Members in ACP.

Dedicated server with only one site.
And that is the only page that loads slow.
So not the server I guess.

Its not a problem, but any script that takes over one minute to load is slow. Even on a super slow server.

I bumped my max_execution_time to 180 and my memory_limit to 256M. Still timed out.

I can't even load the page successfully once with 6 duplicate accounts.

Server running ...
6 - Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
Speed 2000.069 MHz
Cache 15360 KB
Server Load 0.98 (6 CPUs)

I don't think it's a server issue, either.

Basically try reuploading <admin>/applications_addon/other/duplicates/skin_cp/cp_skin_member_form_duplicates.php in case something went wrong during your uploading.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please give me access during the weekend, so that in case it's a bug I can include it's fix in Monday's update.

Same problem here. I have my first duplicate (in this version) and now I can't see who it is, as it hangs until it times out.

Who is willing to let me optimize this directly on his community? It's in the admin side, so don't worry, it won't affect what your members see.

Unfortunately, my dev board has 15-20 members, and even if I make them 20-30, I can't see any real benefit in execution time no matter what I do. It obviously has to be TONS of real data...

Otherwise you can send me your ibf_members table (after you delete the email, members_pass_hash and members_pass_salt fields) so that I add it in my dev community.

Archived