Download: Duplicate Members Logger

PrinceOfAbyss

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now closed firefox and tried to re-login. just for testing.

It did still NOT detect a duplicate but another bug shows up:

it now tells me that one account has been used by multiple machines but that imposssible! I'm running this on a local server, just for testing, and nobody else can access it except me.

Looking in my server logs I found yet another bug: When I'm at my shop (IP.Nexus) I see these 404 errors in my apache logs. Possibly on other pages too...

Example:

POST /store/category/2-other/index.php?app=duplicates&module=process&section=process&do=append HTTP/1.1" 404

You see, your flash file is posting to the wrong URL.

I can't use this mod. It's not working. So I hope you can point out to me what's wrong, or else issue a full refund.

Thanks

Trying from my laptop I even noticed that in Firefox 14.0.1 your flash file is posting to:

POST /index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&do=process HTTP/1.1

it's getting a 302 redirect to forum index as it's not posting to the app duplicates.

It looks like this application is very very buggy?

Once you put it on a place accessible through the Internet, I'll happily assist you mate! smile.png

Meanwhile, you can have a look at admin/applications_addon/other/duplicates/xml/hooks/duplicatesLoadMovie.xml

and particularly this place at lines 72-80:

/* Determine the installation folder of the community */
		$parsed = parse_url( $this->settings['board_url'] );
		$path = trim( $parsed['path'], '/' );
		if( $path == '' )
		{
			$path = '/';
		}

$path = 'path=' . $path;

This code calculates and passes as a param to the .swf your community's root folder (ie the path where your conf_global.php is). Obviously, parse_url is getting confused by something in your localhost and returns a wrong folder. So, you can hardcode your correct folder in there.

Once the correct path is passed to the .swf, all problems will (hopefully) be resolved at once. There is nothing relevant in the .swf code that could cause all these. Only read/write methods for reading/writing the LSO object...

Be aware that the file I told you to edit is the source of the hook to load the template of the .swf, so once you edit it, you will have to recache your hooks for the changes to take effect. Alternatively, you can change the file: hooks/duplicatesLoadMovie_<some_md5>.php

Problem is that I need to change a lot of network settings to make it accessible from the internet.

$this->settings['board_url'] is set to 'http://dev.localtestnet.be' and dev.localtestnet.be is defined in my local DNS server, so it shouldn't be a problem. The board_url setting was never touched, it's the default one put there by IP.Board's installation scripts.

But your code is assuming $parsed['path'] exists, which is not the case when there is no trailing slash or path added to the domain. So your code is generating a PHP Notice (index undefind I suppose). But that shouldn't be any problem as I have display_errors set to no and the result will be te that $path equals 'path=/'

For a community installed in the public_html, / is the correct path to be passed to the .swf

Do you by any chance have any strange .htaccess files in your server?

Because the URL below marked in red should not be like that of course...

TBH I don't have Nexus, so I can't really tell, but I suppose it doesn't handle URLs differently than the rest of the forum. So this one looks strange...

Looking in my server logs I found yet another bug: When I'm at my shop (IP.Nexus) I see these 404 errors in my apache logs. Possibly on other pages too...

Example:

POST /store/category/2-other/index.php?app=duplicates&module=process&section=process&do=append HTTP/1.1" 404

You see, your flash file is posting to the wrong URL.

I can't use this mod. It's not working. So I hope you can point out to me what's wrong, or else issue a full refund.

Thanks

This one, however, has nothing to do with my app, don't confuse section=process with do=process from the login screen

Trying from my laptop I even noticed that in Firefox 14.0.1 your flash file is posting to:

POST /index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&do=process HTTP/1.1

it's getting a 302 redirect to forum index as it's not posting to the app duplicates.

It looks like this application is very very buggy?

Since the correct path ( / ) is passed to the .swf, it should work fine. I don't know what else to suggest of the top of my head without looking at your community.

When on a IP.Nexus page the path is passed correctly so I'm assuming the bug is inside your swf file. Are you sure it's using the path variable? When I open another forum page, for example /forum/6-nieuwsflieds/index.php I get this in my apache log:

/forum/6-nieuwsflits/index.php?app=duplicates&module=process&section=process&do=append

This one, however, has nothing to do with my app, don't confuse section=process with do=process from the login screen

Read that again. It does read app=duplicates and your applications uses section=process in your swf file too...

The second URL does not have to do anything with the app, not the first. You probably didn't understand it correctly the way I wrote it (comment above and not below each quotation).

The path has a double role in .swf, it determines the folder to store the .sol file, which also determines the correct path for the page to POST data to. Are you familiar with Actionscript?

And finally, RELAX mate... I don't understand your attitude to me... You came judging an app you just installed in a test board, making statements that it DOES NOT work, and asking for a refund... Where have you seen this in the software business?

And what makes your community the standard to judge whether an app works or not, when there are 86 customers for v3.0.0 and 489 downloads for v2.0.0 (while it was free - originally)?

If it was such rubbish, wouldn't it cause those problems to a single other person? "Of course not..." Since it's not working for you, the only one to blame is the app... Not your test board... How selfish...

Anyway... I hope you find where the problem is, and if you can't, drop me a PM when you make it available online, and I'll happily tell you my opinion.

Well said. Bit rich to say it doesn't work when it's not being run in a real situation i.e. live on the internet.

Works fine for me on my medium / large site.

3DKiwi

Hi 3DKiwi,

I just installed wireshark and registered on your forum. Look here what wireshark tells me:

11810 231.828109000 192.168.168.5 67.210.97.118 HTTP 877 POST /ipb/forum/149-the-job-line/index.php?app=duplicates&module=process&section=process&do=append HTTP/1.1 (application/x-www-form-urlencoded)

As you can see, it's posting to the wrong URL too, on your very own forum.

@PrinceOfAbyss You were right I posted a URL that had nothing to do with your app. Confused it with section=process.. And I misunderstood the fact that you answeres were above the content in your last post. My appoligies for that.

I'm not trying to be nasty or anything. I'm just reporting a problem. And I don't think it's a problem that exists on my end only.

@Extreame™

I also registered on your forum. Look what wireshark tells me:

182133 957.792085000 192.168.168.5 103.4.17.82 HTTP 1063 POST /forum/5-news-and-announcements/index.php?app=duplicates&module=process&section=process&do=append HTTP/1.1 (application/x-www-form-urlencoded)

183464 1055.399733000 192.168.168.5 103.4.17.82 HTTP 1075 POST /gallery/category/1-members-albums-category/index.php?app=duplicates&module=process&section=process&do=append HTTP/1.1 (application/x-www-form-urlencoded)

Same things.. posting to the wrong url...

Now I understand the problem you are reporting.

You are right on this very issue. Indeed I didn't take FURL into consideration, as unfortunately I forgot to enable it in my dev board. This will be fixed in 3.0.2.

However, this has nothing to do with the app's logging functionality, you just end up with some not found pages in your access logs.

Still, I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. :)

Well, yes, I wanted to debug why it's not finding the duplicates but then noticed it's posting to the wrong URL. So I did not (yet) debug further to find out why it wasn't able to detect the duplicates. I'll wait for 3.0.2 to continue debugging, or if you can send me the dml.swf's source, I'll dig into it...

Archived