Request: Twitter hashtags

Invisionary

• 2 months later...

In the Twitter connect settings theres a Twitter Default Hashtag option, I assume what you enter there will be added to any tweets.

ACP - System Settings - System - Social Media & Sharing.

Ah poop, you're right.

What I had in mind when I posted this request was a little box to input a variable hashtag each time I shared a topic... not a default, always-the-same hashtag :(

Ah poop, you're right.

What I had in mind when I posted this request was a little box to input a variable hashtag each time I shared a topic... not a default, always-the-same hashtag :sad:

I don't understand... If you want to enter a different hashtag each time why not simply add it to the twit once you get to the twitter publication page?

I don't understand... If you want to enter a different hastag each time why not simply add it to the twit once you get to the twitter publication page?

thats default though, does not allow member to choose a tag.

what I was thinking was member could somewheres type #hashtag and it would work but in testing (very little testing) it didn't seem to.

like that.

Ahhh... For example user abc picks his hashtag to be "#pickles". And from then on all his twit shares appear automatically with #pickles (until they change it again).

Got it.

I myself don't find it super useful but apparently some people do so I will get out of here. :)

no, say I tweeted this particular post here and wanted to add hashtag of #invision-broke-twitter it should, in my opinion, only apply to that one particular tweet.

so of course when anyone looked at hashtag of #invision-broke-twitter my tweet to this post should show there.

and it very well may, I only ran a few quick tests so I cannot say for sure it doesn't.

Archived