IPB Request - New Post/Topic Icon Calculated From Join Date

ipbconvert

This is a repost since I believe I posted it in the wrong section, so can a mod please delete this: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/363567-mod-request-new-posttopic-indicator-icon-calculated-from-join-date/

Sent to IPB support:

"You know how when there are "new" posts in a forum, the icon is

I was wondering if it'd be possible to set it so that when a new user joins, they're all set to the greyed out, so the clock essentially starts when they join, not when the forum or topic was created. As the forum grows, it'll get more and more difficult for users to read ALL posts, and most won't. However, if the bar is set lower, from their join date, I think it will encourage greater activity. This could be a nice feature, an ability to toggle this on or off, for your next update, if it doesn't exist already."

Their response was:
"Unfortunately IP.Board does not have this feature built in but you may be able to find a 3rd-party solution on the IPS Marketplace. I recommend that you post your idea in the IP.Board Feedback forum as the development team review these forums regularly so it will be considered for a future version."

So, that :tongue:

Archived