Download: IPContent Blocks Hook Maker Utility

Marcher Technologies

File Name: IPContent Blocks Hook Maker Utility
File Submitter: Marcher Technologies
File Submitted: 15 Feb 2012
File Updated: 11 Apr 2012
File Category: IP.Content

This Is a Hook That Creates Hooks From IP.Content Blocks, allowing precise and complete control of placement of IP.Content blocks in any hook point with little to no effort.
This Hook Makes It Easy To Export Content Blocks as Hooks for use anywhere in your IP.Board installation. %7Boption%7D
Each block exported as a hook hence imported has group viewing permissions for that individual hook via a system setting.
An Entire System Settings Tab Is Present to manage these, grouped by block.
As with all hooks, advanced users may change the hook point at whim to parse the IP.Content Block in any hook point in IPB, without touching any templates.

Click here to download this file

It works great. After I've created and installed blocks to IPB is it safe to uninstall IPContent Blocks Hook maker?

thanks

Yes, if you wish :) all the hook does is make hooks, add the acp button to blocks, and install the "base" hook/hidden setting to be duplicated, no harm whatsoever in uninstalling that after one is done with it.... that is unless you find a need to make more :) at which point you would want to reinstall it.

I think I want to get this, but have a question about the usage. I want to mimic another hook someone built for the forums. -

But, what I want is to use a topic image slider that I have - http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4725-3d-jquery-featured-articles-slider/

I would restyle the block, but I would love to stick it at the top of my forums to get some traffic going the other direction. Is this possible with your mod?

I think I want to get this, but have a question about the usage. I want to mimic another hook someone built for the forums. -

http://community.inv...atured-content/

But, what I want is to use a topic image slider that I have -

http://community.inv...rticles-slider/

I would restyle the block, but I would love to stick it at the top of my forums to get some traffic going the other direction. Is this possible with your mod?

Yes... I would simply be exporting the restyled block, and moving the exported hook "id" from 'side_blocks' to 'categories'.
it would put it exactly where you want it on the board index.
  • 1 month later...

If You are not on 3.3 IPB and IPC 2.3.+ You should NOT Update or make this modification, version 1.0.0 is your version.
For everyone using ipb 3.3.0 and IPC 2.3.x.... Update your install please.... the js/css is not getting loaded... this update will resolve that for new hooks made.
this update is twofold... I patch my source... and you "may" patch your existing hooks.
in each Hook file, find:

/* Make sure the pageBuilder class is loaded */

if ( !$this->registry->isClassLoaded('pageBuilder') )

{

$classToLoad = IPSLib::loadLibrary( IPSLib::getAppDir('ccs') . '/sources/pages.php', 'pageBuilder', 'ccs' );

$this->registry->setClass( 'pageBuilder', new $classToLoad( $this->registry ) );

}

add before:

/* Make sure the ccsFunctions class is loaded.... for the framework */

if ( !$this->registry->isClassLoaded('ccsFunctions') )

{

$classFunctions = IPSLib::loadLibrary( IPSLib::getAppDir('ccs') . '/sources/functions.php', 'ccsFunctions', 'ccs' );

$this->registry->setClass( 'ccsFunctions', new $classFunctions( $this->registry ) );

}

Add after:

$block .= "<script type='text/javascript'>" . $this->registry->getClass('ccsFunctions')->injectBlockFramework('', false, true ) . "</script>";

save and upload.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived