Reset login key

Axel Wers

When you logged out, then are you offline, or online?

I'm offline, but that is irrelevant whether you're logged in or not.

Think of it the other way then - you are just about to go out, so go onto your mobile device. You've logged out on your PC, but have limited bandwidth on your mobile. Do you really want to have to go to the login page?

but have limited bandwidth on your mobile. Do you really want to have to go to the login page?

Ten years ago when I was running dial-up, it could be possible. Not now :) Few kilobytes doesn't matter.

Main reason is when someone will forget log out (happens often). This is bad issue.

I don't know what is situation in your country with mobile internet, but here is Slovakia I generally don't know any problems with bandwidth :unsure: At least people said so.

Pretty much all mobile internet in the UK is limited at either 250MB, 500MB or 1GB, and it's not the fastest in quite large chunks of the country. Every page load impacts upon that. :wink:

Still, I don't see what the problem is here. If you leave a computer and don't want it remaining logged in, log it out. If you don't care about being logged in, then don't log out. I bet the vast majority of people would call it a bug if this was the other way around.

Pretty much all mobile internet in the UK is limited at either 250MB, 500MB or 1GB, and it's not the fastest in quite large chunks of the country. Every page load impacts upon that. :wink:

And price?

Here, for example Orange 2 GB / 9,95€ per month

Still, I don't see what the problem is here. If you leave a computer and don't want it remaining logged in, log it out. If you don't care about being logged in, then don't log out. I bet the vast majority of people would call it a bug if this was the other way around.

OK little example: You have house and go away. You lock doors, you are calm, house is secured. But you leave window open (simply you forgot). Thief don't need keys to your doors, he can use window.

Lot of people are irresponsible, they can forgot log out from computer and someone other can compromise their account and privacy. That's all. I have had issue with this on my board few times. I know what I am saying. And when will happen again, they will be angry why I am not able secure board. I am tired from irresponsible people.

And price?

Here, for example Orange 2 GB / 9,95€ per month

Vodafone UK 500 MB / £5.00 per month

OK little example: You have house and go away. You lock doors, you are calm, house is secured. But you leave window open (simply you forgot). Thief don't need keys to your doors, he can use window.

Honestly - I'd be less worried about the security of my forum account compared to the possessions in my home. ;)

Anyway - It's just my opinion. I'm all for security, but sometimes you have to put it down to common sense of the users.

I was going to say if someone broke into your home, your online forum account should be the last of your worries... lol

and let's not get started on phone prices.... $30.00 here for 2gb.... of data. so take your 5 and 10 plans and be happy. Thankfully I'm on an older unlimited plan for the same 30.00. With that said though, I have never come close to 2gb and I use it more than most.

Archived