IPB support ticket glitch

broni

After upgrading to 3.2.1 (from 3.1.4) I had two support tickets.
Both issues promptly resolved, my "Thank you" sent as a very last ticket reply.

Still after couple of days I get this email:

This is to let you know that [u]we have not received a response[/u] from you regarding your support request 'xxxxxx''.

If we do not receive a response within the next 24 hours we will assume the matter is resolved.

If this is not the case, please respond to your support request so we can look into the matter further.

Yes, yes I replied, said "Thank you" etc.

What's the deal here?

It's a matter of what we do when we get your "Thank You" reply.

Sometimes, if you reply "Thank you for the information" or something, a tech will mark the ticket "Awaiting Customer Response" because you didn't tell us if the issue was fixed or not.

Usually, if you specifically say in your ticket "Thank you, this issue has been resolved" we'll mark the ticket as Resolved.

We don't want to mark something as resolved unless you say so - otherwise, you have to open a new ticket, which can be frustrating. :thumbsup:

Collin:
I replied in my own ticket with information. I added 'this ticket may be closed after my response is read'. Five days later I was notified that it still was awaiting a response from me. I then marked it as 'resolved'. I should not have had to. Maybe my ticket response was never read. Reference # 754677.

The old way of saying thank you and closing the ticket in one step was easier.

I wonder if the staff ever reads the un-read resolved replies.

I try and thank the staff member who helped me, but then I mark it as "Resolved", so I don't know if he/she ended up reading my last response or not.

I can't speak for everyone, but some of us that work extensively on a ticket will track it for resolution. In those cases, yes, we'll see your reply. :)

Collin:

I replied in my own ticket with information. I added 'this ticket may be closed after my response is read'. Five days later I was notified that it still was awaiting a response from me. I then marked it as 'resolved'. I should not have had to. Maybe my ticket response was never read. Reference # 754677.

The old way of saying thank you and closing the ticket in one step was easier.

I will pass along your feedback.

Archived