Emoticons the good and the bad: 3.2

jackflash

I really like the idea behind arranging emoticons in 3.2. :)

With that being said, importing new emoticons one at a time takes too long when in previous versions you simply clicked on the ones that you wanted and clicked important to do it all in one shot.

I hope that I am doing something wrong here, because this is way too inefficient.

I imported some new emoticons the other day.. about 7 of them.. and I had to do 1 at a time to "add" them all in.. which I found quite annoying.. The "old way" in adding emoticons with the check boxes was much more faster and efficient when adding more than 1 emote..

Wait until you have to add 50+ emoticons ONE AT A TIME for a few dozen boards. %7Boption%7D It took me about 20 minutes to do just one site on 3.2 %7Boption%7D. In 3.1.4 it took just a few minutes.

• 1 month later...

I also hate that when you click "show all", a pop-up comes up. Pop-ups are annoying and outdated ways of doing things. I really hope a better way is implemented.

I like the line of emoticons and how they are presented now. It's just that you have to keep clicking to get the one you want especially when you have a lot of emoticons like there are on this board.

It would be good if the line was loaded and when you hovered at the left or right side of the emoticons, it will automatically move along and load them without having to click 3-4 times to get the one you want.

It's probably not the best way but I am sure others will come up with better ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize until today when I got sent a .zip folder with 100 custom made emoticons to install what you guys were talking about - I go to do it and now see and would honestly prefer to turn off emoticons all together than going through this hunk of junk adding one at a time.

Do the designers think we have hours on hand to muck around with this crap?

Bring back the check boxes I say.

Archived