IPB 3.2 View New Content

NewRockRabbit

I think the new view new content (VNC) is a major improvement on the old version but it still doesn't appear to work properly for me. The option I use is 'new since my last visit' but despite several visits today, VNC is still showing posts all the way back to yesterday. This is despite closing down the browser between visits. The only way I can get it to work properly is to log out and log in again. Is this a bug or a limitation of the VNC?

browser: FF 4.0.1

I believe it checks it using cookies in your browser so it only shows new content since you last logged into the forum, not since you last browsed the forum while logged in. I.e. staying logged in and browsing the next day will show new content from that day as well as the day before since that was when you logged in.

"New since your last visit" should show you results since your last visit. The caveat, here, is that "last visit" is often difficult to ascertain if you don't log out. There are session automatic timeouts which should usually clean this up, but if you visit, close your browser, and then open the site again that session timeout wouldn't have occurred yet.

Archived