Sidebar close button

PrinceOfAbyss

Hello devs.

I can't believe that after so much effort in producing a great aesthetic result for the new IP.Board 3.2, you chose that black square as the close-sidebar button.

Come on, this doesn't fit at all there. It's BIG, almost overlaps the small x that closes Recent Blog Entries block, and is generally ugly. Am I the only one who doesn't like this at all?

Also, sorry for not suggesting an alternative, but I bet you will find a great solution if you spend a couple of hours on this yourselves.

I would have to agree with this. It looks like it was just slapped on there because a better place couldn't be found for it. Overlapping the small x that closes Recent Blog Entries block doesn't look good IMO.

On the test board, they had removed the "close" sidebar button, which I liked, because there's never really a need to close it.

But people complained (of course) and they added it back, and now it looks a mess. I'll be removing it on my board.

• 4 months later...

While we are on the subject of the sidebar toggle does anyone know where the "x" and the "<<" are located so they can be changed to other wording? I have tried changing the "data-open" and "data-closed" in the boardindextemplate (see below) but they always revert to the x & << when toggled unless the page is refreshed so they must also be located elsewhere?

<a href='#' id='toggle_sidebar' title='{$this->lang->words['toggle_sidebar']}' data-closed="{$this->lang->words['_laquo']}" data-open="×">&nbsp;</a>

Archived