IP Chat Down?

Dale1

Same here, getting lots of reports about the chat going down late evening, ranging from the cant connect errors to "chat room limit reached". Im not sure whats worse though, the fact that we're getting all these issues or the fact that the members aren't surprised by them. :(

Please open a support ticket so that we can investigate for you. None of the main chat servers are even close to capacity right now. :smile:

I would but Ive kind of given up now. Everytime I raise an issue its generally, "There appears to be nothing wrong now" or "nothing wrong this end" or similar in response after which its fine for a few weeks before the process repeats. Generally if we manage to raise a ticket while the issue is happening then by the time someone from IPB support checks it out its resovled itself. The only reason we're sticking with IP.Chat is when its working its fantastic and an ideal solution. We've all kind of become used to the frequent issues in our community :(

I appreciate it can be difficult to troubleshoot issues like these due to how many variables are involved but I recently shifted my community to a vps in an attempt to eliminate it being a server releated issue but they still happen.

Archived