Feature Request Tracker?

CnCNet

Ah, well I've hardly been here for even a year so I guess what I said isn't too valid.

What every customer says is "valid" in that we take in all feedback we receive. I just wanted you to know that we do indeed hear all feedback and we are constantly changing and evolving. Sometimes we have to say no, and we usually do so because we know the direction we want to take, or have tried other approaches and have found our current approach to be the best for us. It's just a fact of life. My mother didn't give me cookies every time I asked for them either, sadly. ;)

But your 'response' is a blog post which my 'watch' wouldn't pick up. So that's not very useful.

Just watch the IPS Company Blog.

While you have a fair point there, Francismori is right - you can simply watch our company blog and be notified of all new entries. The tools to be notified of new functionality are available to you. You just have to use them.

• Management

I read something that has been proved true; I paraphrase: "Don't bother tracking feature suggestions. Good ones will bubble up time and time again" and this is true. The esoteric requests get little support or re-posting but the popular ones end up coming up every now and again so they're always at the front of our minds.

The recent updates to the calendar have been largely driven by repeated feature suggestions over the last few years; there's no need to assign every suggestion a unique number and track it.

For my mods i don't reply to everything or implement every suggestion but i do write good suggestions down on a "todo" list. I don't tell people about it but just post feature blogs (similar to IPS). Of course i get requests in the 10's, IPS get's them in the 1000's.

Archived