Bilingual setting for foreign users

*Salvo*

Hello,
Maybe I'm a bit ingenuous, but I didn't really see where or how to do the job (or eventually if is it possible)to put at least two languages for the forum's user interface-
My problem: I'm italian and my forum is italian, but lately we have some 'guest star' that really is unable (of course) to understand the registration form..or the reply form and so on.
What I would like to create is only the basic bilingual (italian/english) user's setting. No more, no less.
I'm wondering if is it possible that an advanced software as IPB hasn't this important option.
The Google's JS for the translation blocked IE users, and I didn't know it-
If someone is able to manage for this, I can pay for this. A IPB staffer can pm me if it's legal...otherwise sorry.
Please, advise me.

If I understand you right, then you also want to give the users the possibility to use English.
It seems that you have removed that from your forum:
post-150388-0-44803500-1292796894_thumb.
Otherwise you should have the option in ACP > Look & Feel > Manage Languages.
Then users can choose the language options in the drop down.

Yup, you've undestood right, Pfeiffer, and thank you for your prompt answer.
Unfortunately when you decide to upload a language (italian people *doesn't speak* english), the default one is overwritten: result? It disappears. Now I have italian language (my admin interface is english of course) but the english files overwritten. I don't know how to make the two languages available.

Yup, you've undestood right, Pfeiffer, and thank you for your prompt answer.

Unfortunately when you decide to upload a language (italian people *doesn't speak* english), the default one is overwritten: result? It disappears. Now I have italian language (my admin interface is english of course) but the english files overwritten. I don't know how to make the two languages available.

No, I believe you can upload without overwriting the default English. I have two languages running (English/Danish), but I have made the translation myself - not by importing.
Maybe you can get the English exported language pack from IPS again and import.

Do you mean is it enough to import where you see written:

Here?

It should be possible if the locale is correct for English (en_US) that you are importing, but refer to these topics to make sure you get it right:
[url="

and
[url="
Otherwise verify with IPS that you get this done correctly.

Pfeiffer, Planetby. I love you :thumbsup:
I became crazy, but as Pfiffer posted in a link, there was a bug corrected regarding the overwritten languages. Now it works, and eventually I have my forum in both the languages.

God bless you!!
(I can't believe...LOL)

*S*

Pfeiffer, Planetby. I love you :thumbsup:

I became crazy, but as Pfiffer posted in a link, there was a bug corrected regarding the overwritten languages. Now it works, and eventually I have my forum in both the languages.

God bless you!!

(I can't believe...LOL)

*S*

You very welcome. Nice to give back on all the help I get/find here.

Archived