Two new feature requests.

Tripp★

Okay I have two new problems that I as a website administrator see cropping up everyday. Problems that can be so easily rectified by someone who knows what they're doing.

1) Double Post Prevention.
Basically someone accidently double posts, (or double clicks post) they post the same post twice. Often it's by accident. Maybe there could be some kind of prevention script/hook or even built into the forums.

2) Edit button on the Mobile Skin.
Often members can't edit their posts when using mobile/iPhone/etc whilst using the Mobile skin, due to a lack of an edit button. I don't know if this was an oversight, but editing posts while being on a mobile seems to be a no go zone.

Thank you again!

1. is build in and has been for a while now. I use it or at least I used to use it on version 2 and version 3 still has it.

EDIT just looked and 3.1.4 still has this feature.

2. I am not sure if it is already a feature but sounds like a good idea.

I can't find it anywhere, Amy. I've looked all I could find was:

Merge member's concurrent posts
When a member posts twice within n minutes, once after the other in a topic they will be merged into one post. Enter the number of minutes to capture concurrent posts. Enter 0 to not use.

Which is not what I was looking for. I'm looking for something that actually stops them from posting. (Like, "Error: Duplicate post detected") If that's what you were talking about, can you point me in the right direction, please?

• 4 weeks later...

I can see where you're coming from but it it doesn't "Prevent" them from doing it. It just merges their posts, which is not what I want. Otherwise you'll get two of the same posts in one, which if it was prevented they'd get a message saying "Sorry, but it looks like you just posted this exact post x minutes ago. Redirecting you now..." and then loads the thread with their post(preventing them from double clicking and posting twice.)

2) Edit button on the Mobile Skin.

Often members can't edit their posts when using mobile/iPhone/etc whilst using the Mobile skin, due to a lack of an edit button. I don't know if this was an oversight, but editing posts while being on a mobile seems to be a no go zone.

It's there. Click once on the post "box", and a reply and/or edit button appears.

There appears to be an edit button too... Which leads me to believe you can edit your posts on the mobile skin... I can't seem to do that on my forums, please can you tell me what options I need to look at to get it to appear. (It appears on other skins, just not the Mobile one)

Edit: Found it. As you said. Click on the post and it appears. But what about those without Touchscreen phones. Maybe it could appear there, automatically? Like by default.

Archived