Suggestion: Topic Preview on actual link

Ikadon

Hello community,

as I found this thread about "xenForo" in your off-topic section I went to see this new "messiah" (:rolleyes:) of all boards. Well, I must say there are a few things that seem more logical to me.

For example the "topic preview". While in IP.Board we have to hover over the row of the thread and then click this small image, in xenForo you just need to hover over the actual link to the thread to display a topic preview.

To me this is much more logical and user-friendly. I mean, I know what this little icon is about, but most of my users didn't even know that IP has something like a topic preview-function. (Apart from the fact that most users didn't even know what software I'm using oO)

I guess it's more intensive to pull out the data when hovering instead of clicking? But is there an option to make the topic-preview-function more present?

Regards,
Ikadon

PS: If you don't know what I mean, go here: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/suggestions-tweaks-small-features.18/ and hover over one thread.

• 2 weeks later...

This is already [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2959-pin-topic-hover-preview/"]available as a mod[/url] for IPB ... the mod allows similar preview to xF as well as vB ... I use it on my own site in vB-style mode.

Cheers,

Shaun :D

I'm thinking the OP would like that to be part of the core feature set given that the button doesn't function well for the reason he stated.

Also, that mod doesn't seem to allow you to preview the first OR last post like the current preview button does.

I'm thinking the OP would like that to be part of the core feature set given that the button doesn't function well for the reason he stated.

That would be good :)

Also, that mod doesn't seem to allow you to preview the first OR last post like the current preview button does.

Neither does the preview at xenForo ... :wink:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Archived