Personal photo

Axel Wers

Personal photo MEANS personal photo. Unfortunately lot of members realy don't understand what is it. On my board I see that lot of members instead of their personal photos put there some gibberish. Why those things they don't upload as avatars?

In Personal photo section I added this attention in bold: It is only allowed to add their own photos if the photos will be something else, moderators have the right to delete such a photos. But they ignore it!

So we need this feature in ACP:

Personal photo: Admin validation: YES/NO

Only that we can avoid to adding similar crap.

Thanks in advance.

How many forums actually have and enforce a rule that photos have to be a photo of yourself? I only know of a couple, so it's obviously not something that many people care about. And I know that I sure wouldn't want to be a member on any forum with that kind of rule.

How many forums actually have and enforce a rule that photos have to be a photo of yourself?

Do you understand what means personal photo? In other case this feature doesn't have any sense.

Most forums have avatars smaller and IPB has a weird (dumb) thing where it shows profile images all over.

Then you should give new feedback, that avatars should be thumbed instead of photos

Do you understand what means personal photo? In other case this feature doesn't have any sense.

It's called a photo, it doesn't mean that you have to take that name literally and force people to only use a photo of themself. A lot of people use their avatar as their photo just because they don't want as pic of themselves in comments, blog entries, the sidebar, etc. You're risking losing a lot of potential members by having such a rule, and I don't think it's worth that risk.

Then you should give new feedback, that avatars should be thumbed instead of photos

We have been suggesting this for a long time, but IPS hasn't done anything about it yet.

It's called a photo, it doesn't mean that you have

It's called personal photo, that's different.

A lot of people use their avatar as their photo just because they don't want as pic of themselves in comments, blog entries, the sidebar, etc.

I think there is not so big problem, if you deny access guests to see memeber's profile.

But...

We have been suggesting this for a long time, but IPS hasn't done anything about it yet.

...I agree with this suggestion.

Archived