New features - MEGA POLL?

Clickfinity

Just wondering about the feasibility of having a features suggestion mega poll - where every new suggestion can be listed and we can all vote once per suggestion if we'd like to see it developed.

The results could act as a visual leader-board for new things that people most want to see in IPB - something we can all see and refer to before suggesting new stuff.

Just a thought ... :whistle:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

The IPB staff have said in the past that it's actually easier for them for suggestions to have their own topics, as it's easier to track feedback on individual ideas that it is to pick the "nuggets" out from the noise of a multi-suggestion thread.

Yes, sorry, I should have been clearer - I'm suggesting a poll - just a poll, no discussion attached to it - just a simple, large, regularly updated poll to act as a pointer towards our favourite ideas.

Separate discussion threads can spring up from those to thrash out the finer details of the ideas, but the poll would be simple and easy to reference.

It's likely it would be a bit to wieldy to maintiain perhaps - it was just an idea ... :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Polls aren't as useful as you might think. For starters, maybe 5% (random number picked from thin air) of our active customers actually visit these forums.

I agree on the poll-thing. Still, it's like in democracies isn't it? If you don't vote you can't complain. Sure it's bad for you if you're on vaccation or something, but if you never ever visit these forums you don't really care about "where is it going" anyhow, or am I missing some thoughts?

Cheers,
Ikadon

Archived