Multi Quoting

TestingSomething

I really think multiquoting is a bit confusing to newbies. Maybe you could have it once you click at elast one multiquote button either the add reply button turns greeen too where they understand they must click it or maybe a brand new button comes up down there or something?

I know me personally I didn't understand it for a while. lol And I always even now forget you can click them in multiple pages or topics and it still be there when you click add reply. lol That feature is cool yet I forget it's even there.

I'd prefer it so that the add reply button next to the multiquote will also take all those quotes. It makes it much more easier than scrolling down to the bottom each time and hitting add reply. A good group of people will try to click reply next to multiquote and see only one quote and think it's broken. :ermm:

I'd prefer it so that the add reply button next to the multiquote will also take all those quotes. It makes it much more easier than scrolling down to the bottom each time and hitting add reply. A good group of people will try to click reply next to multiquote and see only one quote and think it's broken. :ermm:

Well that particular button isn't meant to. It is the "Quote and Reply" Button to that specific post.

I think that for anyone that doesn't understand the multi-quote function that adding more to it won't help it. I suggest, if you want to explain the features on your site then point them out. Either make your own walkthrough or point them to your help pages:
http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=26
That tells you how the buttons work. <_<

Well that particular button isn't meant to. It is the "Quote and Reply" Button to that specific post.

How it works on some forums, mostly vb I guess, is that the button itself quotes that particular post (same as IPB), but alternatively if you've multiquoted then it'll have the additional quotes. Personally I don't see a problem with it working like that, might just be me though.

yes Mr. Despair I used to think you click the button next to one of those also. In fact I'm pretty sure someone had to tell me you click add reply before I realized it. Even after the other buttons didn't work I didn't think to try add reply for some reason. I guess I thought the other buttons were suppsoed to and it was a bug. Who knows. lol

Archived