Billing and invoices

Ditchmonkey

I got a package renewal invoice on Thursday while I was out of town. I promptly paid it this morning. A bit later I got the following email:

We regret to inform you that your IP.Board/Blog/Gallery Bundle has been cancelled due to non payment of invoice xxxxxx. If you have submitted payment, please contact the billing department to resolve this billing issue by submitting a ticket from within your client center or calling 1-800-901-5491 within the USA or 1-434-316-7201 outside of the USA.

I submit the ticket and billing got back to me with the following:

The invoice was generated on the 15th. Invoices remain active for 5 days. We have received your payment and your invoice has been marked paid.

Not only is a 5 day billing cycle before being "cancelled" ridiculous, but its not even 5 business days. It's just 5 calendar days.

Further, what does it mean to be "cancelled"? I can't say I'm too impressed with the billing department at this point.

• Management

Thanks for your feedback. It's worth noting that notifications are sent prior to the invoice being generated, so it's not simply a matter of generating an invoice and then expiring service after 5 days. Several reminders are generated over a period of weeks. Canceled means the invoice has been canceled and the associated service has expired. In this case, updates, support, etc. are made unavailable until the invoice has expired.

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns. Thank you.

I think he means that the wording of that notification is a little alarming. Perhaps it could be better worded as "We regret to inform you that your support and update agreement for IP.Board/Blog/Gallery Bundle has expired." or something similar, since it does read now as if you are no longer licensed to use the software.

I don't see anything wrong with the 5 days though. My web host charges on the anniversary date and immediately terminates service if they can't - a 0 day billing cycle if you will.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your feedback. It's worth noting that notifications are sent prior to the invoice being generated, so it's not simply a matter of generating an invoice and then expiring service after 5 days. Several reminders are generated over a period of weeks. Canceled means the invoice has been canceled and the associated service has expired. In this case, updates, support, etc. are made unavailable until the invoice has expired.

Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns. Thank you.

I think the problem with the reminders is that the invoice isn't generated until after your account expires. I get real nervous when I receive a reminder and can't pay for the next month of service in advance.. The system you have in place is a bit awkward to use from a customer perspective and I will admit I was very confused the first time around trying to use it.

The very first time I paid it said I had an invoice to pay for that was for service starting 30 days into the future. This was until the payment I submitted was approved (?).. so for the weekend I was wondering if I did something wrong.

I really hope IP.Nexus isn't this confusing.. I really too wish you would give more than a 5 day buffer.

I don't see anything wrong with the 5 days though. My web host charges on the anniversary date and immediately terminates service if they can't - a 0 day billing cycle if you will.

Can you pay for the next month in advance? That may be a pretty huge difference.

Archived