Improve Moderated Topic / Post management

Biker.GA

Please improve the management of moderated posts and topics. I'd prefer to see an area within the ACP that allows me to view ALL posts that are awaiting moderation. I currently have one post that's flagged for moderation (per the statistics displayed in ACP), yet none of the forum listings shows anything in that regard. We need a centralized management area that allows us to deal with moderated posts without having to rely on something being displayed in forumhome.

Please improve the management of moderated posts and topics. I'd prefer to see an area within the ACP that allows me to view ALL posts that are awaiting moderation. I currently have one post that's flagged for moderation (per the statistics displayed in ACP), yet none of the forum listings shows anything in that regard. We need a centralized management area that allows us to deal with moderated posts without having to rely on something being displayed in forumhome.

Are you using a custom skin?

I have the default skin right now and when there is a topic awaiting moderation there is a red link underneath the forum name indicating X topics & X posts awaiting moderation/approval.

I am not sure if there is a way to do it bulk (all of them listed on one screen). I imagine that would be handy, but I haven't had to go look for such a thing yet to know if it already exists.

This is with the default skin and there is no indicator anywhere on forumhome that indicates there's a post awaiting moderation. Yet the stats in ACP shows there's one post.

And no, there is no option to view all moderated posts in one screen. This is what is needed with the software.

We had something like that, back in the 1.x days, but it's been long since gone in favor of inline moderation. I'm not convinced there's enough value in a centralized "posts awaiting approval" page, but I'm not whole-heartedly against it on the same token.

It sounds like in your specific case there is a bug or problem with the data on your site specifically. I would recommend submitting a ticket so we can investigate why the ACP reports 1 is pending moderator approval but you don't see it on your forums.

I found the post by going into the DB.

One of the reasons why this would be an invaluable tool is for those sites that convert from one package to another. We had over 1000 posts/topics pop up as needing moderator attention. Even with some DB fiddling by yours truly, it still took us 2 days to clear that backlog, where by having a centralized location would have allowed us to clear that backlog much quicker.

It could be useful in that specific context, but then once you've managed the posts, it's no longer that useful. Seems like a lot of development time (and maintenance, updates, etc.) for something that would be infrequently used in the long run. :unsure: Especially when there are features like tagging that are requested quite frequently by many.

Guess we can see what kind of support the request gets and take it from there.

Guess we can see what kind of support the request gets and take it from there.

I have yet to start using IPB, but anything you can do to make moderated posts easy to handle would be fantastic. We moderate everyones first few posts before they are promoted to eliminate spam and other behavior issues. One example would be a group of people signing up from one forum, onto another forum, to gang up on a particular member. It is far easier to deal with those types of things, and spam, if the posts never get displayed, as you know from you pre-sales forum.

Archived