Invisible Users and "Who's Chatting?" hook

AtariAge

One of my users pointed out an interesting issue regarding "invisible" users. They show up in the chat, of course, but they don't show up in the "Who's Chatting" hook at the bottom of the forum index. If someone is chatting, they're not really browsing the board anonymously, so I'd much prefer to have them show up in the "Who's Chatting" hook. Otherwise it gives the impression that the chat isn't as busy as it might be (depending on how many "invisible" users are in the chat room). It could very well appear that nobody is chatting when in fact five people are in the chat room.

..Al

I think it should be a per group setting. "Member doesn't show as chatting if logged in anonymously?"

That way you can allow certain groups to not only log in anonymously, but also go into the chat in anonymously.

Could also be set to say who is chatting along with the number of guest and anonymous members.

"Batman, Harvey Dent, 2 anonymous member(s) and 1 guest(s) are in the chat."

It's been this way from the beginning of my use too. Hopefully, it gets fixed. Especially if it causes users to avoid entering Chat based on who is chatting being so few.

Too late for me to edit the previous message, but this might be fixed. I haven't noticed it happening last night or this morning.

Archived