Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

Now I get the error in my attachment lol

Most likely because the game is already added. Turning on dev mode to view the error might help.

ATTN: v32 SCORE USERS:
As I was sending out the file, I found an issue causing it to break v2 scores. I need another day or so to make it work smoothly with BOTH at the same time. <_< Sorry for the delay. I will keep your PMs and get the file to you ASAP!
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just gone through some of the skins.. They need a lot of work. There are a few missing tags here and there, so people with custom skins are bound to have trouble.

I've gone through three of the skin files and fixed them (and added hierarchy so that people can actually see how it's all set up).
Having said that, I'm not perfect, so there may still be problems.

Let me know who to send the tidied html files to :).

I've just gone through some of the skins.. They need a lot of work. There are a few missing tags here and there, so people with custom skins are bound to have trouble.

I've gone through three of the skin files and fixed them (and added hierarchy so that people can actually see how it's all set up).

Even though Andy does all the skinning, he is still "out" due to the birth of his new daughter, so you should send them to me.

Okay, on further inspection, this is going to take a complete overhaul really.. The use of a hundred thousand tables, albeit perhaps more practical, is killing me as a skinner.. It's almost impossible to customise.

I've currently gone through:
# gamelist
# gamescp
# playgame
# show_page

They are fixed but still ultimately need to be redone (with fewer tables and more divs).

Okay, on further inspection, this is going to take a complete overhaul really.. The use of a hundred thousand tables, albeit perhaps more practical, is killing me as a skinner.. It's almost impossible to customise.

I've currently gone through:

# gamelist

# gamescp

# playgame

# show_page

They are fixed but still ultimately need to be redone (with fewer tables and more divs).

Again, Andy does all the skinning. You'll need to contact him about these things. :thumbsup:

That's ace Graeme, I've noticed a few problems with our custom skin.

By the way some comments about iArcade for Collin ;)

I'm not sure if this is in the pipeline but from a practical point of view you really should add the number one score beside the game you're playing so that you know what you have to beat.

Scores don't seem to be ordered by highest to lowest on the leaderboards.

Are categories not working yet or have I missed something?

I really need to know when someone has beaten my score - a pm to tell me would be great ;)

On the leaderboard/scores page there should be a link to "Play Again?"

There should be an option to just save the members highest scores to keep database tables smaller and leaderboards neater.

Thanks for all the hard work on this :)

I'm not sure if this is in the pipeline but from a practical point of view you really should add the number one score beside the game you're playing so that you know what you have to beat.

I agree, I had talked to andy about adding this a bit back.

Scores don't seem to be ordered by highest to lowest on the leaderboards.

I have this logged as fixed, can you please provide more details?
http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-21-certain-games-display-scores-wrong/

I really need to know when someone has beaten my score - a pm to tell me would be great ;)

This was briefly brought up earlier in the topic, however most people said they would not find such a feature useful.
Can anyone else weigh in on this
EDIT: Actually, it was pushed off until IPB 3.1, so we can use "Notifications" and not fill up the PM inbox.

On the leaderboard/scores page there should be a link to "Play Again?

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-77-no-play-now-link-at-game-high-score-and-comment-page/

There should be an option to just save the members highest scores to keep database tables smaller and leaderboards neater.

I agree, this was planned to happen but got pushed back because feedback indicated nobody would use it.

Guys, will the future iarcade incorporate tournaments?

It was removed due to some issues, however I do plan to add this.

Colin, Andy said he is busy, but here are several of the "neatified" skin files in html form.

This should fix certain issues with custom skins (which are a result of tables not being closed, etc).

It doesn't actually change anything with the design though.

ArcadeNeat.zip

I've also "fixed" viewscores now.

viewscore.html

Those of you having issues with custom skins should see fewer problems now..

Things like this largly raise the issue of having our own iArcade community.
Please PM me the files as well, if you are confident in design skills it may be helpful to have some assistance while Andy is gone.

I have this logged as fixed, can you please provide more details?

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-21-certain-games-display-scores-wrong/

Strange... It seems to be working now. I'll need to investigate further as it may be specific games that cause this issue but I have that many games installed going through them would take forever. If I find an instance of this happening again I'll screen grab it and send you a link :thumbsup:

It's be nice to have the scores dated too :)

Strange... It seems to be working now. I'll need to investigate further as it may be specific games that cause this issue but I have that many games installed going through them would take forever. If I find an instance of this happening again I'll screen grab it and send you a link :thumbsup:

It's be nice to have the scores dated too :)

Most likely the cause then is an incorrectly configured game, because iArcade itself can recognize the game's score type. You can manually change from low to high score type (and vice versa) on a game by editing it's game info in phpmyadmin.

Archived