Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking that the "bonus" for registering will be a game pack or something emailed to you. Not sure yet. But it will be something nice. Possibly a 20% off in the iArcade Store too. (Buy game pack install and stuff)

I'm not going to lock down any features though. :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me :D

Collin maybe if you could find a workaround for the v32 games you could use that as the dangeling carrot, although mate I believe that most people on IPB will register anyway, its the scalleys you need to watch for, I am sure you will work something out to please you and us mate. Thanks so much for all your hard work, cant wait to launch it. Thank you both :) :)

I see many issues with this new arcade your trying to push out.

only using v2 games, lets not even go there. Every game can be cheated on.

Some v2 games require a gamedata folder.

with your file structure these games will not work on your arcade as they are hardcoded to what directory they work with.

Collin maybe if you could find a workaround for the v32 games you could use that as the dangeling carrot, although mate I believe that most people on IPB will register anyway, its the scalleys you need to watch for, I am sure you will work something out to please you and us mate. Thanks so much for all your hard work, cant wait to launch it. Thank you both :) :)

I agree .
I do have to wonder who leaked the beta though and I am thinking it could have only been a beta tester.

with your file structure these games will not work on your arcade as they are hardcoded to what directory they work with.

Already done, a gamedata folder is automaticly created if a game needs it.

I take one day off and a mass of stuff to reply to builds up.

Here we go, folks!

Well thats me out then lads, I run a Military Forum, and I am not allowed to install any programs, with encoded software or ring backs as they see it as a security risk, secondly their server does not have Ioncube installed, and I will not be allowed to install any scripts on my computer to allow the arcade to run, again a further security risk. All data to and from my computer is heavily encrypted.

So that means I cannot install the Arcade because of their rules, I wish this had been mentioned a while back, at least then I would not have got our lads hopes up saying the new Arcade will be out soon. The Arcade on my forum was used by them for recreational purposes when they came in from the field in Afghanistan so it helped them to relax.

Thanks anyway :(

As was mentioned, the encoding idea was dropped, and registration is entirely optional.
iArcade BETA5 and up has a built in callback to collin1000(dot)com/iarcade_docs/ver(dot)php?c=latest - however it is simply an iFrame that loads the latest version number - nothing from your server is sent. If your board is registered, it will append your registration key to the URL, allowing us to notify you if your version is out of date. Registration is optional.

A game pack would be awesome. :D So is RC1 still available for the March 1st release? :)

Nothing yet has delayed the March 1 date. I am about 95% done with coding, just waiting on Andy to do the Lang bits.

I love the idea of a game pack needs to be more then 100 games though.

40 and 80 games are both being sold, however I will look into your suggestion.
LEGAL NOTE:
We are not selling actual packages of games. We are selling a SERVICE to install your arcade with games FOR you.

As ive tried to explain before, v32 contains a unique hashing system to protect scores from being cheated on. I have not yet found a working method in IPB3 to decrypt this hashing method.

MyBB arcade (and a few others) simply pass a fake hash and strip out the check altogether. This actually makes v32 games less secure than v2 games. I refuse to settle for this option, and will continue to look into a way to get the hash working on our system.

Thats not my job to police. If you have members who are going to cheat, whats the point?
As I described above, v32 games simply do not work correctly with the setup we have.
I am actively looking for a solution.

I have not found any v2 games to function incorrectly due to their use of the gamedata folder.

and do those games work? I dont see how they will

They work fine.
If you have an example you want me to test, PM me the .tar download and I will test it.

It would be awesome if you could use it.

Maybe Micheal would know how to make it work.

There are over twice as many games for v2 as there are for v32.

I will take one more stab at it tomorrow for you guys, as I am taking today off.
Im logging out for a bit now guys, I'll reply to you later. :thumbsup:

There are what?

Thats right you are basing your counts off of 1 site that hasnt updated with new games in months

There are currently more v32 games out there there are v2 games now.

I can show proof of this if you think you are right

http://www.ibpdownloads.com/ipb/index.php?showforum=86
They frequently add new games.

Im sorry iArcade isnt what you want. Feel free to make your own arcade. :)

I just created a gamedata folder in the required area and moved the gamedata files into it.

Not knowing much about cheating, I downloaded a firefox addon (I can't remember the name of it because I deleted it after testing on the arcade).

The end result was that I could cheat on a 2.3.6 forum with ibproarcade but not on a 3.0.5 forum with iArcade.

I suppose the only advice I could offer is If you don't like it then don't use it. If you do like it come up with a viable alternative for using v32 games.

I just created a gamedata folder in the required area and moved the gamedata files into it.

Not knowing much about cheating, I downloaded a firefox addon (I can't remember the name of it because I deleted it after testing on the arcade).

The end result was that I could cheat on a 2.3.6 forum with ibproarcade but not on a 3.0.5 forum with iArcade.

I suppose the only advice I could offer is If you don't like it then don't use it. If you do like it come up with a viable alternative for using v32 games.

To address your statements:

I have still not run into any gamedata folder issues.

As for cheating - I can confirm that there is indeed a way to cheat using one of the many firefox addons out there.

Personally, I think you as an admin should just ban users like that.

Just because you CAN cheat in a sporting event doesnt mean you SHOULD. Get what im saying?

Archived